As part of Cisco’s Compliance team, I’ve monitored organizational breaches and attacks. If you’re like me and follow media reports and industry news, then you know that data breaches have increased in severity and frequency. Unfortunately, many organizations do not have the tools, personnel, and funding to prevent, quickly detect, and contain data breaches. The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council offers robust and comprehensive standards to enhance payment card data security. According to Ponemon Institute, organizations that are PCI compliant have fewer data breaches than non-compliant firms do. However, we know that PCI compliance is not enough. Even if you’ve met the stringent requirements of PCI DSS 2.0, your cardholder data may not be totally secure.
So, how can organizations maintain compliance and end-to-end security? The Compliance Solution team has gathered thought leaders in the payment card industry to offer research, guidance and best practices to help organizations overcome these challenges.
Join our webcast on April 16, 2013, with PCI experts from the Ponemon Institute, Verizon Business, and the PCI Security Standards Council to learn how Cisco can help bridge the gap between PCI compliance and security to minimize the impact of an attack.
During this event, you will hear a distinguished panel discuss:
- Fresh research on cybercrime, threat landscapes, and the likelihood of attacks
- How PCI compliance can save you money
- Segmentation and strategies for moving from compliance to security
- The future of PCI standards
All registered attendees will receive Cisco’s PCI Passport to Security. These new complimentary materials can help you travel from PCI compliance to end-to-end security:
- Cisco Compliance Solution for PCI DSS 2.0 Design and Implementation Guide, Volumes 1 and 2—Get the complete 2013 third edition, including step-by-step configurations and PCI-assessed implementation guidance.
- Cisco PCI Design Guide Summary, Third Edition—This resource contains the simplified design recommendations from the full Design and Implementation Guide.
- Gartner Survey: Firms Seek Alternative PCI-Compliance Solutions—Merchants reveal that they face multiple challenges with PCI compliance, but it’s not a waste of time. Read this research report for key findings, recommendations, and analysis.