Last year at the RSA security show, Cisco announced the SecureX security strategy. SecureX is designed to help organizations address security from a holistic perspective, rather than a siloed approach, using an integrated framework of innovative new security devices blended with the security-aware network. This approach allows organizations to truly address critical issues like BYOD and the consumerization of network enabled devices, the transition to virtualized data centers and cloud-based computing, the flood of data coming from social media sites and the use of new high-bandwidth services such as video collaboration, and the spread of sophisticated new attacks aimed at your organization’s soft spots. Cisco also announced powerful new tools to increase the reach and efficacy of security. The first was the addition of context awareness to security and network devices to add real granular control over users and devices. We also announced a powerful new policy-based solution, the Cisco Identity Services Engine, which allows organizations for the first time ever to truly take control of security policy creation, deployment, enforcement, and management. Next, we announced the broadening of our Security Intelligence Operations that allows us to fine tune our entire family of security solutions in real-time with actionable data gathered from hundreds of thousands of sensors located across the globe. Cisco SIO is now the largest threat telemetry service in the world. And in the year since that announcement we have continued to deliver innovative new devices and technologies designed to address security issues, from the endpoint, across the edge and branch, and out across the virtualized data center and cloud environments. So this year, at RSA 2012, Cisco will announce our plans to continue to drive innovation and revolutionize security through our SecureX strategy. For those of you heading out to this year’s event, here is a sneak peek at what you can expect:
- Cisco’s booth will feature our latest security technologies in a series of demo stations focused on all areas of securing the network. You will be able to see solutions for endpoints, branch offices, data centers, cloud deployments, access control, and email and web solutions. Cisco is by far the largest vendor of security solutions in the world for a reason. Stop by to see our latest innovations.
- We will also be offering a series of in-booth theater presentations where many of Cisco’s top developers and engineers will be showcasing some of our latest security innovations. For example, be sure to drop by and meet Dave McGrew, the Cisco engineer who has developed the powerful new Suite B elliptical curve cryptography -- an entirely new generation of encryption that demonstrates the breadth and depth of Cisco’s commitment to driving the security market forward.
- Cisco will also be delivering a critical keynote address, which will introduce you to our new security development leader, Chris Young, and lay out our ongoing commitment and strategy to changing how organizations think about and deploy security across their networks.
- We will also be delivering a number of training sessions led by Cisco engineers and product developers that will dive into the details of some of Cisco’s latest innovations and solutions.
- Finally, look for several major new product announcements that will continue to drive Cisco’s SecureX strategy forward. If innovation and performance are on your radar, you will want to be paying attention to this.
- And if you’re a Cisco customer, talk to your Cisco account manager about scheduling a whisper suite session where Cisco engineers and product development teams can provide you with even more information about some of the exciting products and innovations we have planned for the coming year.
Let Cisco show you why today’s security requires more than simply bolting an array of legacy, stove-piped devices onto your network that someone in their marketing slapped a “cloud” or “BYOD” label on. Instead, stop by the Cisco booth and learn how to put the synergy of the network, the sophistication of context awareness, and the development power of the largest network company in the world to work for you.