About Cisco Social Rewards
The purpose of this program is to recognize and reward our most active and passionate readers. We want to encourage you to join the conversation in order to earn badges and a reputation for your participation on the blog site. Let the games begin!
Below is a list of the different components that can be earned towards your reputation on the Cisco blogs. A reputation will be calculated for each user based on their level of participation. This is represented by a visual meter at a 100% scale. The reputation criteria may be adjusted or changed over time.
Your reputation is based on a number of factors including: community involvement, loyalty, quality vs. quantity of content and earned badges.
- A user will earn a reputation based on the total number of badges awarded. Show off your hard work!
- A user will earn a reputation by visiting the blog site multiple times within a month. Visit often!
- Blog Posts
- This reputation component ONLY applies to guest and Cisco bloggers. A user will earn a reputation based on the average number of published blog posts per month. Put your content creation hat on!
- Approved Comments
- This reputation component ONLY applies to guest and Cisco bloggers. A user will earn a reputation based on the number of approved comments on a blog post. Don't forget to moderate those comments!
- Blog Posts Ratings
- This reputation component ONLY applies to guest and Cisco bloggers. A user will earn a reputation based on the number of "Tweets", "Likes", page views and approved comments their blog post receives. Good content wins this one!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Cisco Social Rewards program are listed below. Please note that we encourage honest participation and will be monitoring the community to ensure fair play. Only quality content will be rewarded here!
- Why should I participate in the Cisco Social Rewards program?
- To be recognized and rewarded for your participation and engagement on the Cisco blog site. You are already participating why not get awarded for your hard work?
- Who can participate in the Cisco Social Rewards program?
- We encourage everyone, over the age of 18, to participate in the program including visitors to the site, Cisco bloggers and guest bloggers.
- What is a badge and how do I earn one?
- A badge is a virtual icon representation of a completed behavior. Users earn badges by participating on the blog site. This includes: viewing, commenting, sharing and more. Some badges contain multiple levels and some are single level badges. New badges and levels will be added over time and adjustments to the criteria may change. Please see the Available Badges tab for details on the specific badges the Cisco Social Rewards program offers.
- What is a reputation and how do I earn one?
- A reputation is represented by a virtual meter icon which is calculated by a combination of each individual user's participation on the site. Users earn a reputation by participating on the site. This includes: earning badges, visiting, following others, posting blogs and more. The reputation criteria may be adjusted or changed over time. Please see the Reputation tab for details on the specific reputation scales the Cisco Social Rewards program uses.
- Can I change my username?
- Unfortunately, at this time your username cannot be changed.
- How do I remove myself from the Cisco Social Rewards program?
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your profile removed.
- Is the participation monitored?
- Yes, the site is monitored to encourage quality content and a positive environment. Cisco reserves the right to remove inappropriate content.
- How do I change my photo?
- Your photo will update when you change the photo on the social connection you have signed in with.
- I’m using the Safari browser, why am I unable to register for Cisco Social Rewards?
- There is a known issue with Safari which we are actively working on resolving. We hope to have full support for Safari soon.
Still have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.