The importance of retailers understanding consumers and delivering great customer experience
Recently at the Forrester’s Forum for Customer Experience Professionals in New York on June 26, Graham Atkinson, Chief Marketing and Customer Experience Officer at Walgreens, spoke about his work to transform the company from one that traditionally differentiated based on location to one that differentiates based on experience.
- Delivering the well experience
- Transforming the community pharmacy
- Taking the Walgreens brand to the world
You may have seen a recent Cisco video commercial on the area of customer experience called “Weekend Warrior”:
Here at Cisco, we believe that customer experience is part of the connections made possible by what Cisco describes as the Internet of Everything (IoE).
To further our knowledge in this area, Cisco recently released the Cisco Connected Customer Experience Report focused on the retail shopping experience.
In this report, we discovered that:
- 61 percent of global consumers surveyed are open to shopping at a fully automated “self service” store with vending machines and kiosk stations offering a virtual customer service
- 52 percent surveyed globally prefer self-check-out stations in order to avoid waiting in line to make purchases
- 54 percent of consumers use mobile phones when shopping in a store, yet only 27 percent of consumers said they use retail mobile applications
For more interesting facts about consumers and retail from our research report, please visit the links below:
Also check out recent Cisco blog by Jim Grubb, Vice President of marketing, Cisco portfolio and emerging technologies, which he discussed examples of Internet of Everything and customer experience in retail.