High Performance Computing Networking
What is MPI_MPROBE?
Here’s some MPI quick-bites for this week:
- The MPI_MPROBE proposal was voted into MPI-3 a few weeks ago. Yay! (see this quick slideshow for an explanation of what MPI_MPROBE is)
- The Hardware Locality project just released hwloc v1.2. This new version now includes distance metrics between objects in the topology tree. W00t!
- Support for large counts looks good for getting passed into MPI-3; it’s up for its first formal reading at the upcoming Forum meeting.
- The same is true for the new MPI-3 one-sided stuff; it, too, is up for its first formal reading at the upcoming Forum meeting (they haven’t sent around their new PDF yet, but they will within a week or so — stay tuned here for updates).
- Likewise, the new Fortran-08 bindings are up for their first Forum presentation next meeting. We solved all of the outstanding Fortran issues with the F77 and F90 bindings… with the possible exception of non-blocking communication code movement. 🙁 That one is still being debated with the Fortran language standardization body — it’s a complicated issue!
- Finally — the new MPI tools interface chapter is up for a first formal reading, too.
That’s a lot of first formal readings in one meeting…Tags: