High Performance Computing Networking
Open MPI v1.5.2 released
We’re very pleased to release Open MPI version 1.5.2 today. The v1.5 series is our “feature development” series; this release includes lots of tasty new features; see the full announcement here.
Here’s an abbreviated list of new features:
- Now using Hardware Locality for affinity and topology information
- Added ummunotify support for OpenFabrics-based transports. See the README for more details.
- Add OMPI_Affinity_str() optional user-level API function (i.e., the “affinity” MPI extension). See the Open MPI README for more details.
- Added support for ARM architectures.
- Updated ROMIO from MPICH v1.3.1 (plus one additional patch).
- Updated the Voltaire FCA component with bug fixes, new functionality. Support for FCA version 2.1.
- Added new “bfo” PML that provides failover on OpenFabrics networks.
- Added the MPI_ROOT environment variable in the Open MPI Linux SRPM for customers who use the BPS and LSF batch managers.
- Added Solaris-specific chip detection and performance improvements.
- Added more FTB/CIFTS support.
- Added btl_tcp_if_seq MCA parameter to select a different ethernet interface for each MPI process on a node. This parameter is only useful when used with virtual ethernet interfaces on a single network card (e.g., when using virtual interfaces give dedicated hardware resources on the NIC to each process).
- Added new mtl_mx_board and mtl_mx_endpoint MCA parameters.