Attaining High Performance Communications: A Vertical Approach
It’s finally been published!
I wrote a chapter on MPI in the book Attaining High Performance Communications: A Vertical Approach, edited by Dr. Ada Gavrilovska from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
The chapter author list reads like a who’s-who in high performance computing: several of my colleagues from the MPI Forum wrote pieces of this book, as well as many bright graduate students and other noted dignitaries in HPC.
The Amazon link doesn’t provide a “look inside…” link, so here’s a list of chapters:
- High Performance Interconnects for Massively Parallel Systems
- Commodity High Performance Interconnects
- Ethernet vs. EtherNOT
- System Impact of Integrated Interconnects
- Network Interfaces for High Performance Computing
- Network Programming Interfaces for High Performance Computing
- High Performance IP-Based Transports
- Remote Direct Memory Access and iWARP
- Accelerating Communication Services on Multi-Core Platforms
- Virtualized I/O
- The Message Passing Interface (MPI)
- High Performance Event Communication
- The Case of the Fast Financial Feed
- Data-Movement Approaches for HPC Storage Systems
- Network Simulation
(disclaimer: I get no royalties from the book; this is a shameless plug just for something cool — if I do say so, myself!)