After months of planning and preparation, Cisco Partner Summit officially kicks off tomorrow morning here in beautiful Boston. Whether you’re attending live or joining us through Cisco Virtual Partner Summit, here are 10 things to remember as we get underway.
1. Come back here all week long. The Cisco Channels blog is your hub for information, news updates, messages from our executive team, and on-the-spot coverage of all things Partner Summit. Check back here throughout the day and watch for program recaps and discussions of the day’s activities.
2. Stay in the social conversation. We’ll be here all week, but make sure you’re following us on the official Cisco Channels Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube Partner Summit playlist, and Flickr pages as well. We’ve got lots of exciting content planned that you won’t want to miss, and as you walk around the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center or navigate the Virtual Partner Summit platform, check out various visual representations of Cisco social conversations as they happen. Who knows, you’ll probably see yourself up there on the big screen!
3. Use #ciscops13. It’s the official hashtag of Partner Summit and Virtual Partner Summit, and it’s how we’re able to keep track of all the great interactions going on throughout the week. Don’t forget to tag.
4. Use our apps. Our Cisco Partner Summit 2013 Event App and Augmented Reality App are here to help you navigate Partner Summit while you’re on the go.
5. Follow our Roving Reporter. He (or is it she?) is always on the loose: peeking behind closed doors, Tweeting out fun facts about Boston and Partner Summit, and whispering details about parties and Partner Summit goings-on. Follow our Roving Reporter at Twitter handle @ciscoreporter and see if you can track him/her down.
6. Join our contests. Our Vine video and favorite quotes contests are open for business and it’s time for you to be creative. Submit, submit, submit, and don’t be shy – excellent prizes await you. (And we couldn’t help but notice that our Roving Reporter is already Vine-ing away…)
7. Follow our Partner Ambassadors. Ten Cisco partners from all over the world and across the global Cisco partner community are sharing impressions of Partner Summit using their own social media platforms. Meet our 2013 Partner Ambassadors and read their content. We’ve put together a list of their relevant Twitter handles to help you stay organized. A few have already posted to their blogs:
- 2Ring: 2Ring and the Cisco Partner Summit, Boston, MA, June 4-6, 2013
- Comstor: Can you Feel the Momentum? Cisco Partner Summit 2013 & New Year, New Expectations at the Cisco Partner Summit
- Iron Bow: Cisco Partner Summit:The Future Isn’t What It Used To Be
- Logicalis: Why are we looking forward to Cisco Partner Summit 2013?
8. Visit the Collaboration Lounge. If you’re in Boston, our Partner Summit Collaboration Lounge will be open each day of the event. Come on in to network, meet fellow Cisco partners, unwind and grab some refreshments. And say hello to our video crew, we’d love to put you on camera and hear what you think of the event!
9. Remember that this is your week. Cisco executives will be sharing plenty of information and insights over the next few days, and rest assured we spend a lot of time working on how to get you that information in the most efficient, productive manner. We always welcome your feedback on how we can continue to improve the program, so please don’t hesitate.
10. Have fun. As our top channel executives told you, this is our time to be productive and chart a course for the next year in the Cisco partner community, but it’s also our time to have fun and have a few laughs. Go to the receptions and global parties, smile and wave for the cameras and capture special moments. Have a great week!