VIP 17: Creating Opportunities for Partners’ Growth and Profits
A message from Ricardo Moreno–Senior Director, Strategy, Planning, and Programs, WW Channels…
Cisco’s Value Incentive Program (VIP) helps increase partner profits by rewarding you twice a year with a rebate payment for building Cisco-based practices.
The role of the network continues to grow and creates new opportunities for Cisco and our partners. It’s also changing the dynamics of the industry. We’ve heard from so many of you that you really value the VIP program, so we are simplifying and enhancing it to create new growth opportunities, revenue streams, and more profits for you.
January 30 marks the 17th consecutive rollout of the VIP program, or VIP 17 (it runs until July 30, 2011). With this iteration, there are a number of changes that are designed to create new growth opportunities, new revenue streams, and greater profitability for you.
Let’s walk through those changes now…
VIP 17 has three tracks (Borderless Network, Collaboration, and Virtualization). Here is a summary of the changes by track:
In the Borderless Network track:
- We are adding a Small Business subtrack. So for the first time, partners who sell Cisco Small Business Technology products can be rewarded for building a borderless network architecture practice targeting small business.
- We are removing the need to register Core Routing and Switching deals via the Opportunity Incentive Program (or OIP).
- We are expanding the Access subtrack, adding new SKUs, changing the rebate amount and renaming it Core Routing and Switching.
- VIP 17 also eliminates the need for partners to participate in both VIP and the Cisco Partner Development Funds (PDF) program.
And, in the Collaboration track:
- We are fueling new growth opportunities by adding TANDBERG products to our Telepresence subtrack.
Finally, in the Virtualization track:
- We are simplifying this track by combining Data Center Networking and Data Center Storage Switching into a single Data Center Unified Fabric subtrack.
- To further simplify this track we are updating the Data Center Unified Computing subtrack to include both the UCS B-Series and C-Series.
Head to the VIP website to sign up, to find out more about changes, and for a complete list of VIP products.
And, as always, please post your comments and questions here.Tags: