The Next Evolution of Cisco’s Cloud Partner Strategy: Cloud and Managed Services Program
As the trend for delivering technology as a service continues, now more than ever, partners must evolve their business to support the demand for new consumption models such as cloud and managed services. In order to support our partner’s evolution, Cisco continues to evolve our Channel Partner Program to help partners profitably monetize the cloud and managed services opportunity.
In September, we announced an evolution of the Cloud Partner strategy to bring data center infrastructure and cloud into the mainstream of our partner program with the introduction of the Cisco Master Cloud Builder Specialization.
Today we are pleased to announce the next phase of our Cloud Partner strategy. Cisco has merged Cloud Provider and Cloud Services Reseller roles and the current Managed Services Channel Program into a single Cloud and Managed Services Program (CMSP) to simplify partner engagement with Cisco and to drive customer opportunities.
Cisco is committed to building a strong ecosystem of partners that can address all the varied cloud and managed services needs of our customers. The Cloud and Managed Services Program reflects this commitment by rewarding partners for their expertise and investments for creating, selling and delivering Cisco Powered cloud and managed services, with financial rewards, branding, logo rights and go-to-market benefits.
To learn more about the many benefits of the Cloud and Managed Services Program, visit our website at www.cisco.com/go/cmsp or attend a partner webcast:
- Americas:Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 8 AM Pacific Time / 11 AM Eastern Time
- Asia Pacific: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM Singapore Time
- EMEAR: Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM Greenwich Mean Time
Here are some additional benefits of the new Cloud and Managed Services Program:
- Simplified Operations — Cisco has removed duplicate requirements, streamlined audits and refreshed partner and Cisco Powered services requirements, resulting in less operational costs for partners.
- Channel Program Discount Harmonization and Cisco Powered Payments to Transition to VIP 21 — Effective January 27, 2013 CMSP partner discounts will align with the Cisco Resale Channel Program certification discount structure and Cisco Powered payments will transition to the Cisco Value Incentive Program (VIP) providing a single payment program for partners to manage and operate with visibility and consistent reporting.
- Simplified Pricing — Partners looking for predictability of pricing for their cloud and managed business can utilize the Simplified Pricing Promotion.
- CMSP partners can combine additional Cisco incentive programs including Opportunity Incentive Program (OIP), Teaming Incentive Program (TIP), Solution Incentive Program (SIP), and Technology Migration Program (TMP).
- Branding and certification – CMSP can enhance competitive differentiation and increase the value of their cloud and managed services in the marketplace with Cisco Powered services designation.
- “Cisco Powered” branding will be a part of CMSP and will provide Cloud Services Resellers, Managed Services Resellers and CMSP partners with a strong technology platform brand for marketing CMSP partners’ cloud and managed services. With “Cisco Powered” services, customers will associate faster time-to-value, assured performance, and continuous innovation.
- Consistent, global terms and conditions – Allows partners to position and sell Cisco-Powered managed and cloud services more effectively. Once certified, CMSP partners can sell and deliver Cisco Powered cloud & managed services globally.
- Go-to-market support to assist partners in building, marketing and selling their Cisco Powered cloud and managed services. These include the cloud market development funds, business acceleration benefits and cloud compensation for the Cisco field to extend CMSP partner’s reach in selling their Cisco Powered services.