How Cisco Can Help Partners With Business Transformation Challenges
If you’ve met Edison Peres, SVP, worldwide channels or heard him address the audience at Cisco Partner Summit before, you know he’s all about partner evolution — specifically, how Cisco can help partners grapple with a unique period of technology and business model changes in the IT industry, and transform their businesses to meet those changes.
During his General Session discussion on Day 1 of last week’s Partner Summit, Edison urged partners to focus on three priorities: making hybrid IT a foundation of your value proposition, leading with solutions and professional services, and transitioning your sales teams to address new buying centers. Business transformation, Edison said, in one of the most repeated (and re-tweeted) quotes of the week, “is kind of like remodeling an airplane while it’s flying and there are people on it. We know it’s not easy. But if you focus on these three areas today, you will be well on your way to a successful tomorrow.”
Let’s hear a bit more from Edison on how Cisco wants partners to think about these changes:
You can check out our day-by-day summary of Cisco Partner Summit or grab our executive summary of news and announcements But let’s review some of what Edison, Bruce Klein, SVP, Worldwide Partner Organization, and other Cisco executives announced last week to help partners with this often-challenging evolution.
- Cisco made a number of announcements specific to capturing midmarket opportunities
- Cisco’s award-winning graduate hire and training program has expanded to include partner enrollment through the Partner Sales Academy (PSA)
- Cisco made a number of updates to its cloud solutions portfolio, including dCloud, a cloud-based demonstration service available to partners, an updated Cloud Services Reseller program, and the Cloud Business Transformation Playbook
- Cisco is upgrading its systems to eliminate the need for Channels Booking Neutrality (CBN) relative to credit booking on orders being shifted from 2-Tier partners to 1-Tier partners at the ends of fiscal months and quarters
- Cisco announced three new individual Business Transformation Certifications that will evolve the role of partners from product selling to a consultative solutions and services approach
- Cisco updated the Value Incentive Program (VIP) to include a 90-day grace period effective with VIP 22 in August 2013. Partners will now have 90 days to transition their sales teams and sell out their pipeline at a higher rebate level once a rebate has been lowered on a particular product.
- Cisco made a number of updates to its Technology Migration Program (TMP), including predictive credits, partner reporting and more incentives under OIP and TIP on select new TMP offers
- Cisco has relaunched the Small Business and Small Business Foundation Specializations as the newly combined SMB Specialization, with a scaled-down curriculum and architectural focus, effective September 3, 2013
- Cisco launched the Channel Partner ISV campaign-in-a-box, which will enable partners to perform their own lead generation on SaaS opportunities
- Cisco’s Solution Accelerator framework is now available for use with the Cisco Industrial Smart Solution, the combination of which will enable partners to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the unique business and technology requirements in manufacturing customer environments
- Cisco will launch a six-month Smart Acceleration Program starting in FY14 Q1, including market development funds and a rebate incentive under the Cisco Services Partner Program
- Cisco’s new ServiceGrid Promotion offers partners a 50% discount off of the first connection/extension made with ServiceGrid customers on a two-year contract
- Cisco announced a demo program supporting sales of Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches. The first 1000 partner companies to apply will be able to participate.
- Cisco made available a new Cisco Capital incentive for Gold, Silver, Premier and CMSP cloud provider partners who meet performance criteria
Leave a comment below and let us know what you think of these updates.Tags: