Gartner Report: Cloud Adoption at Risk without Big Channel Investment
You can’t turn around without seeing new stats on the growth of cloud adoption. (One of our favorites stats states that by the year 2015, 50% of all CIOs expect to operate the majority of their applications and infrastructures via the cloud.)
While growth is imminent, many customers are still wary and concerned about risk. To both help partners better prepare for growth and help address customer concerns, we launched the Cloud Partner Program with three tracks: Cloud Builder, Cloud Provider, and Cloud Services Reseller.
On the heels of that news, Gartner released a report titled “Cloud Adoption at Risk without Big Channel Investment.” We’ve summarized a few of the key findings and recommendations for partners:
- Through 2015, cloud service brokerage will represent the single largest revenue growth opportunity in cloud computing.
- The channel has an opportunity to play a significant role in aggregation and brokerage services. The challenges facing enterprises building private cloud services or leveraging public clouds are significantly more complicated than just technology.
- Fundamental change is needed in culture, business models, IT architecture, service management, and politics – all opportunity areas for the channel to provide business consulting, but very different from the channel’s traditional role.
- Due to the various cloud delivery models and providers, software development and business process skills will become critical components to any successful channel company portfolio.
You can register on the Gartner site to view the entire report.
Partner Tips for Capitalizing on Cloud
- Enroll and choose your track in the Cloud Partner Program on Partner Central if you haven’t already.
- Reserve your spot at our live, virtual video broadcast and discussion How Service Providers Can Capitalize on the Cloud on Tuesday, July 19 from 8:00-8:30am PT. During the broadcast, we’ll talk to Steve Hilton who is Principal Analyst at Analysys Mason about key cloud opportunities, partner profitability tips, and answer your questions live on the air.
What are your customers saying about cloud and what can Cisco do to help you better prepare?Tags: