Your profitability is a top priority for us at Cisco. In fact, we are increasing our investments in our partner incentive and profitability programs in Fiscal Year 2012 to help you not only drive profitable growth, but also to evolve your businesses.
With your input, we frequently refine our incentive and profitability programs to help you stay at the forefront of the industry and enhance your relevancy to customers. FY12 is no exception. Here’s a list of what’s new.
• We are rolling out the Teaming Incentive Program (TIP) globally to offer Cisco partners an opportunity to realize higher margins in deals where they team with Cisco.
• We are streamlining the Opportunity Incentive Program (OIP) to make it easier and faster for partners to receive approval on deal registration, and therefore, boost adoption and opportunity for higher margins for partners.
• We are simplifying the Technology Migration Program (TMP) and expanding competitive trade-in product recognition for easier quoting purposes.
• We are building new incentives, which will be announced later in FY12, to reward our partners for actively participating in the new Partner Led go-to-market model.
• We are refreshing our ground breaking profitability program – the Cisco Value Incentive Program (VIP) – to meet changing customer and market demands and ultimately to help partners successfully evolve their practices as the industry moves forward.
Our ability to adapt VIP every six months to changing customer and industry needs enables you to continuously deliver value to your customers, while growing your own profitable businesses. The magic and effectiveness of VIP is in its constant evolution.
On July 31, 2011, VIP began its 18th consecutive period (VIP 18). With VIP 18, we are introducing the following, which will run through January 28, 2012:
• VIP-Express is replacing the Partner Development Funds (PDF) program. This program targets Registered, Small Business Specialized, and Select Certified Partners, as well as Premier Certified Partners not enrolled in our existing flagship VIP. Over the last 12 months, we have made adjustments to PDF to align more with VIP, while maintaining its focus on a targeted partner audience. The name change is one more step in this effort to align both programs.
• For Gold Certified Partners participating in the Data Center Architecture track, we are increasing the Gold bonus to 2% for eligible net bookings within the Data Center track. The increase is being implemented to recognize the efforts and investments that partners are making to achieve the Data Center Architectural Specialization and reward continued proactive efforts by partners in promoting Cisco’s Data Center Architecture, inclusive of solutions and cloud infrastructure. Also, the name of the Virtualization track has been changed to Data Center to better reflect the architecture it supports.
• We have created a WebEx subtrack with simplified entry and exit criteria to broaden the partner opportunity for Cisco WebEx.
• Lastly, partners who were invited into the Cisco TelePresence Video ATP Program prior to June 30, 2011, but did not qualify for the VIP 17 TelePresence subtrack, will have the opportunity to receive payment on their eligible VIP 17 bookings based on their ATP invitation level, as well as their VIP 18 bookings if they meet the qualifications for VIP 18.
To start participating in this incentive program, go to the Partner Program Enrollment (PPE) tool to enroll from August 14 to September 16 for the six-month enrollment period. (Bookings entered between July 31 and August 14 will be eligible for VIP 18, just like any other order.)
Program enrollment dates are as follows:
Six-month enrollment period:
August 14, 2011 to September 16, 2011
Three-month enrollment period:
October 30, 2011 to November 18, 2011
Want to enroll? Visit the VIP page for all the details.
Got questions? Please add them in the comments below, and thank you for your partnership.