While the economy may be causing some headaches around the world, finding the right talent when you have a job opening is also tough. And this isn’t because there aren’t people out there looking. It’s finding the right person that can be difficult.
Part of the reason is that the workforce culture of IT is changing. KPMG recently reported that 80 percent of CIOs are having extreme difficulty hiring skilled talent to support future business goals. And the annual Cisco Connected World Technology Report concurs. There’s a skills shortage out there.
For partners, there’s no time to waste. It’s critical to have the right people on board at the right time. That’s why Cisco is offering Cisco Fit4Talent, a website rich with free information that addresses a wide variety of human resources and talent management topics. It includes tools, whitepapers, videos, best practices, and more—it’s your one-stop shop to help you succeed at every stage of the entire talent management lifecycle.
Get started today with this free partner talent resource. Cisco Partner Talent: Your Go-To Tool for Success
Fit4Talent address six different stages of talent development. Each phase is equally important in supporting the entire employee lifecycle—and helps you align employees with your practice’s business goals.
- Phase 1: Workforce and Business Planning—plan for current and future staffing requirements.
- Phase 2: Attraction and Hiring—talent sourcing, interviews, reference checks and making the offer.
- Phase 3: On-Boarding of New Talent—help new employees settle in and become productive as quickly as possible.
- Phase 4: Learning and Development—career development planning to evolve strong skills.
- Phase 5: Coaching and Mentoring—communicate, lead and manage performance.
- Phase 6: Succession Planning—identify talented employees and provide education.
Visit Cisco Fit4Talent and engage your knowledge connections and begin to plan your talent plan.