CRS-3 Makes Routing Dreams Come True
Imagine being able to download the entire printed collection of the Library of Congress in just over one second or being able to stream every motion picture that was created in fewer than four minutes. Is this a dream?
It’s not a dream, actually — at least not anymore. As of today, it’s reality for you and your customers, thanks to the new CRS-3 Carrier Routing System (CRS) that was announced. You may have heard Cisco’s CTO Padmasree Warrior talk about the next-generation Internet and this newest routing system is helping to set the stage for the growth of video, mobile, and new online services.
In this video, Cisco Chairman and CEO John Chambers walks through the news and provides an overview.
Read on to find out more about features of the CRS-3 system:
- more than 12 times the traffic capacity of the nearest competing system
- total capacity of up to 322 Tbps — 13 times the competition
- proven multichassis architecture with 3-stage fabric
- tried and tested QuantumFlow Array chipset to help prevent bottlenecks
Find out more:
- Visit the Cisco CRS-3 page
- Visit the Platform blog for more videos and information
- One Router to Rule Them All, NY Times