Welcome to our first installment of “Partner Update” a new Web show where we cover the latest Cisco partner news in just five minutes (or less, as was the case this time). We know you may be inundated with news and information, so these short, informative broadcasts will provide all the latest news in an easy-to-digest format.
Of course, this new show is for you, partners, so please drop us a line with suggestions or ideas for things to cover. We’d also like to feature partners and customers on the show regularly, so let us know if you’re doing something innovative, if you have a great success story, or want to share your opinions.
For links and a transcript of what we covered in the broadcast, keep reading…
- We’ve launched a new Facebook page! Head to the Cisco Channels Facebook page to get all of your partner news and info in one place, introduce yourself, and be sure to “like” the page so you don’t miss a thing.
- In other news, Cisco and Citrix announced a new desktop virtualization solution that combines the Cisco Unified Computing System with Citrix XenDesktop. It allows customers to deploy high-definition virtual desktops and applications to all of their users. For Cisco and Citrix partners, this is an opportunity to show customers the power of virtualization and focus on professional services.
- In more humorous news, our intern Harun gave us a taste of the worst internship ever and shows off his acting abilities in a recent video and blog post. While we learned about some of the more mundane tasks many interns are forced to endure, we discuss the broader topic of internships as an important talent recruitment tool.
- Cisco’s Data Center Business Advantage launched this week (this item didn’t make our broadcast, but important news we want to share nonetheless). Data Center Business Advantage represents an architectural framework to help customers link their IT investments to tangible business outcomes. To learn more, visit the Data Center blog for coverage of the announcement details and what it means for partners and customers.
- In gadget news, we cover the Flip Side and show off some of the features of this cool camera. If you captured some compelling video, let us know and yours could be featured on an upcoming broadcast.
- Our Shazam! moment came to us from the VMWorld conference last week in San Francisco where Cisco won a Best of VMworld 2010 award in the hardware virtualization category with the Cisco Nexus 7000 Overlay Transportation Virtualization solution.
- And our Tweet of the Week came to us from channel blogger The VAR Guy who took his Flip camera with him on a trip over the summer and tweeted:
Reason number 501 The VAR Guy carries Flip video cam: just filmed Air Force One At Austin Tex airport.
We’ll be watching Twitter for other interesting updates. If you think your tweet should be showcased as our Tweet of the Week, let us know by tweeting it to us @Cisco_Channels.
Finally, head to our Facebook page to answer this question: What request do you get most often from customers?
Your response could be featured on an upcoming broadcast or in a video.
Thanks for watching. As always, we want to hear from you! Keep us posted on innovative things you’re doing or if you think there’s something we should cover in an upcoming broadcast. Until then, you stay classy, partners!