Every Friday, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco partner news and stories of the week, as well as point you to important Cisco-related content you may have missed along the way. Let’s have it.
Off The Top
It’s hard to believe that we’re only a little over two weeks away from Cisco Partner Summit. For anyone that has attended Cisco Partner Summit in the past, you know that you’re in store for a week jam-packed with information, networking, and fun.
So how do partners stay on top of all the information and activities that come out of Cisco Partner Summit? Well, we’ve got a blog post to help you get the most out of your Cisco Partner Summit Experience. You’ll find a list of top social media destinations and information on who to follow, where to find resources, and more.
UC&C: One Size Does Not Fit All
We’re collaborating with Dimension Data to bring you a new blog series that looks at user adoption and integration of unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) solutions. In our first post, Neill Hart, converged communications director for Dimension Data Europe, shares research findings that state “78 percent of IT decision makers already have a strategic UC&C plan in place, but that less than 20 percent of global IT directors get a major contribution to that plan from the users in their organization.”
That’s a disconnect, Hart says, because it suggests many IT administrators are applying a one-size-fits-all mentality to UC&C deployment versus actually profiling their users and tailoring their UC&C purchases to individual needs. Examining UC&C preferences down to the user level drives better adoption rates, boosts ROI and can even save money in areas such as licensing costs.
Expanded Cisco VDI Portfolio
According to a recent Gartner forecast, companies are projected to add 59 million more virtual desktop users worldwide between 2013 and 2016, Cisco Vice President Rick Snyder shares in his latest blog post.
So how can partners take advantage of this opportunity? Check out Rick’s blog post introducing Cisco’s expanded portfolio of desktop virtualization solutions to access important resources, webinars, and more to help you get up to speed on the new portfolio and build a profitable VDI practice.
Highlights from around Cisco this week:
- Dave Evans ponders over the countless ways people, processes, data, and things will connect on the Internet of Everything.
- Amy Lewis chats with NetApp and Dell about the data center of the future in the season two finale of Engineers Unplugged!
- Harbrinder Kang discusses how building relationships help to foster collaboration.
- Robb Boyd takes a look at some of the advances being made for Jabber.
- Marie Hattar blogs about why the Internet of Everything is critical in the moments right after a disaster hits.
Keep An Eye Out
- Tune in live on Monday, May 20th at 9:00 am PT for a TweetChat with Cisco’s Edison Peres and Wendy Bahr, Cisco partners Comstor, Dimension Data, KBZ Communications, and Presidio, and industry analyst Zeus Kerravala to discuss how current IT trends and changing consumption models are driving the evolution of the channel. Channelnomics Editor-in-chief Larry Walsh will be moderating this informative session. It’s easy to join the conversation, just follow the #CiscoPS13 hashtag and tweet in your questions for our guests during the TweetChat.
- Just because you won’t be in Boston doesn’t mean you’ll have to miss out on Cisco Partner Summit. Register for Cisco Virtual Partner Summit (VPS) and tune in from where ever you are. You’ll be able to watch live and on-demand sessions, engage with Cisco executives, and join in on the conversation.
- Check out our Partner Summit polls on our official Facebook page and let us know a bit more about you.