Cisco Partner Weekly Rewind – May 10, 2013
Every Friday, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco partner news and stories of the week, as well as point you to important Cisco-related content you may have missed along the way. Let’s have it.
Off The Top
Here comes Cisco Partner Summit! Cisco’s annual partner event gets underway in less than four weeks, and in case you missed it, registration for Cisco Virtual Partner Summit opened earlier this week. There’s a lot in store for the virtual event this year, including live chats with a number of Cisco executives and access to presentations and breakout content specific to geographic region and technology segment.
Be sure to keep an eye on the Channels blog and also our @cisco_channels and @ciscoreporter Twitter handles – don’t forget hashtag #ciscops13 — for important updates over the next few weeks. And if you haven’t yet taken our Partner Summit polls, head on over to our official Facebook page and let us know a bit more about you.
Interop On Radar
Cisco had a healthy presence at this week’s Interop conference in Las Vegas, where the focus was, as always, on new products and trends in network infrastructure, but also about connected experiences. Brian Robertson walks us through the major Cisco showcase items and demos, including “Your NOC Your Way” and the Cisco Unified Access Experience.
If you were there, you also saw Cisco SVP Rob Soderbery, sporting stylish, electric blue high tops, take the keynote stage to discuss the future of programmable networking and how Cisco’s priorities align to that. InformationWeek’s Michael Endler was among those covering the action, which included a guest appearance from NBA All-Star Kyrie Irving.
Highlights from around Cisco this week:
- Carlos Dominguez highlights a new class of data in the Internet of Everything
- Omar Sultan interviews David Yen on the topic of data center evolution
- Sujai Hajela looks at Cisco’s newest marquee Wi-Fi customer
- David Holland explores Cisco technologies at work with Manchester City
- Robb Boyd unveils BizTech, a new video blog series
- Phoebe Leet tackles what makes a telework program successful
- Rick Speyer spotlights how Cisco and SAP are winning together with partners in data center
- A guest post from VCE CTO Trey Layton with thoughts from EMC World
- Bill Rubino catches us up on 802.11ac Wave 2
- Teresa McEnery recounts her global experiences with small cell technology
- Bill Shields puts the Cisco UCS and HP BladeSystem head-to-head over power efficiency
Keep An Eye Out
As always, swing by the Cisco Partner Event calendar for the latest information on Cisco partner gatherings.Tags: