Every Friday, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco partner news and stories of the week, as well as point you to important Cisco-related content you may have missed along the way. Let’s have it.
Off The Top
It’s time to close the book on a successful Cisco Partner Summit 2013 – thank you for reading and being with us every step of the way! Check out our final rundown of Partner Summit content, including the hot topics and conversations from Partner Summit that we’ll continue to look at going forward.
Bruce Klein, SVP, Worldwide Partner Organization (WWPO) helped us kick off Partner Summit season one month ago today, so we’ll let him have the last word, too. Check out our interview with Bruce from Partner Summit below:
Read on for details on Cisco Live and all of this week’s hot topics.
Time for Cisco Live
Cisco Live is next week in Orlando, Fla., and if you’re going, you’re in for action-packed days and nights of training, networking, and interactions with Cisco’s top executives and thought leaders. Check out a welcome message from Blair Christie, Cisco Chief Marketing Officer and the event’s host.
Follow here on Cisco Channels blog and also our @Cisco_Channels Twitter handle for partner-centric impressions from throughout the show. And here are a few more reads to get your Cisco Live juices flowing:
- Padmasree Warrior offers the Model for Next Generation IT
- Carlos Dominguez walks through five truths about the Internet of Everything
- Bob Krentler highlights the Application Visibility and Control Partners who’ll be there
- Chet Namboodri looks at Cisco Live’s manufacturing and industry sessions
- Patricia Costa spotlights Cisco’s Live’s Medianet Network and Application Management solutions
- Girish Kulkarni discusses Cisco Live’s UCS and data center focus
- Amy Lewis serves up a Data Center Cloud Guide
Women of the Channel
CRN’s annual Women of the Channel list recognizes female executives across IT vendors’ channel organizations, distributors and solution providers. The idea, according to the magazine, is to highlight a growing trend in the channel to empower women to succeed in what was once a male-dominated industry.
Earlier this week, we announced our intent to acquire Composite Software, a market leader in data virtualization software and services.
“Composite’s technology connects and optimizes many types of data from across the network and makes it appear as if it’s in one place, allowing companies to make better business decisions,” wrote Hilton Romanski, VP, business development, on The Platform blog. “Together, Cisco and Composite will help to accelerate the shift from physical data integration to data virtualization.”
Reminder: Social Media Programs for Partners
While some organizations have well-defined social media strategies, others are very much in the “baby steps” phase. That’s why Cisco is pleased to offer a new social media training program open to all Cisco Partners through Partner Education Connection.
Whether organizations are new to social media or have established strategies, this program offers organizations the opportunity to get an inside view of Cisco’s social media best practices and receive guidance around developing their own internal training, policies, listening centers, and more.
Highlights from around Cisco this week:
- Scott Ciccone lists the top three reasons why Cisco UCS is a better platform for Big Data
- Satish Katpally asks if SDN is relevant to the enterprise WAN
- Blair Christie spotlights a new study on growth implications of the Internet of Everything
- Stephen Liu talks up Cisco’s big wins at Interop Tokyo this past week
- Snorre Kjesbu recaps Cisco engagement at InfoComm
- Harbrinder Kang looks at five ways to get extraordinary results from collaboration
- Donald McLaughlin noodles on the number of mobile devices surpassing the number of people on earth by the end of this year
- Brendan O’Brien discusses Cisco’s Connected Mobile experiences at work in Nice, France
- Mark Denny makes note of Cisco APs being among the first to attain 802.11ac Certification from the Wi-Fi Alliance
Keep An Eye Out
- The ongoing Marketing Velocity On the Air series continues this Tuesday, June 25, with a webcast covering Customer Focused Nurture Campaigns. It starts at 7 a.m. PT, head to our Marketing Velocity page for full details about that and all of our upcoming and archived webcasts.
- As always, swing by the Cisco Partner Event calendar for the latest information on Cisco partner gatherings.