Cisco Partner Weekly Rewind – June 14, 2013
Every Friday, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco partner news and stories of the week, as well as point you to important Cisco-related content you may have missed along the way. Let’s have it.
Off The Top
It was a great Cisco Partner Summit last week in Boston. This week, we spent time recapping some of the key messages, reviewing the important themes and conversations, and hearing from Cisco executives and our partners about what resonated. In case you missed it, check out our overall summary of Cisco Partner Summit as well as our executive briefing on the news and announcements made during the week.
Remember: we have more Partner Summit discussion still to come, so check back next week for deeper dives into our services and technology strategies as well as Cisco’s unique value proposition for customers.
Edison Peres, SVP, worldwide channels, used his Day 1 Partner Summit keynote to talk about business transformation: how evolved partners are those who can talk up the value of hybrid IT, lead with solutions and professional services and transition their sales teams to address new buying centers.
None of those moves is easy, Edison said, which is why this year’s Cisco partner news and program updates are intended to help with those transitions as well as enable Cisco partners to unlock new opportunities in lucrative segments like cloud and midmarket.
Check out our interview with Edison from Partner Summit and also a rundown of those program-specific Partner Summit announcements.
Thank You to Ambassadors and Contest Participants
Earlier this week, we said a big thanks to our 2013 Partner Ambassadors, who offered perspectives on the event using their own blogs, Twitter handles and other social media platforms. Check out their post-Partner Summit thoughts here, and continue to follow them on Twitter using this Twitter list.
We also announced the winners of this year’s Partner Summit Vine and Favorite Quotes contests. Congratulations to all!
What the Influencers Said
Throughout the past two weeks, we’ve been sharing feedback and impressions of Partner Summit from both Cisco partners and Cisco executives. But there’s another important perspective: that of our influencer community, which was out in force during the week. Here are some notable press and analyst write-ups from Partner Summit:
- CRN: Cisco’s Chambers: Compete Against Us and You’ll Lose
- CRN: Cisco Comes to Beantown: 15 Scenes From Partner Summit
- The VAR Guy: Cisco Partner Summit: Embrace the Business Transformation
- Channelnomics: Cisco Shifts From Supply to Demand in Cloud
- TechTarget: Cisco Partner Summit: Partners positive about Cisco SDN strategy
- Channel Partners: Cisco Sweetens Cloud Services Reseller Program
- ARNnet: Cisco To Increase Investment In A/NZ
- CRN UK/Channelnomics: Cisco Pledges $1B In Midmarket Leads to VARs
- ZK Research: Cisco Partner Summit Focuses On Midmarket, Transitions and Competition
- UC Strategies: Cisco Addresses Rivals At Partner Summit
Social Media Programs for Partners
Every partner’s social media needs, structure, and efforts are unique and employees’ social media skill sets vary across the spectrum. Some organizations are well-established in social media while others are in the ramp-up phase. To help provide further social media insights, Cisco is offering a new social media training program open to all Cisco Partners through Partner Education Connection.
Whether organizations are new to social media or have established strategies, this program offers organizations the opportunity to get an inside view of Cisco’s social media best practices and receive guidance around developing their own internal training, policies, listening centers, and more. Check out full details here.
Cisco’s Cloud Command
The opportunity around cloud for Cisco and its partners is vast, and Cisco’s influence over that opportunity just keeps on growing. In a much-discussed report from earlier this month, Synergy Research pegged Cisco at a 15 percent share of the $9.7 billion sold in IT products in the cloud during the first quarter of calendar year 2013, ahead of IBM, HP, Dell and many others. Business Insider, Channelnomics and our own Jeff Spagnola were among those highlighting Cisco’s gains.
”Cisco has been steadily and consistently building its share in this market and now finds itself in the leadership position,” Jeremy Duke, Synergy Research Group’s founder and Chief Analyst, said in the report.
Highlights from around Cisco this week:
- Thomas Wyatt checks in on new Cisco video collaboration capabilities
- Syed Hoda looks at the evolution of customer experience
- Jim Grubb examines opportunities with the intelligent network
- Gary Kinghorn reports on Cisco’s presence at Red Hat Summit
- Marie Hattar spotlights riding the Internet of Everything wave
- Brendan O’Brien talks up practical uses of location-based analytics and services in retail
- Tony Paikeday takes note of eye-popping growth in the VDI space
Keep An Eye Out
- The next webcast in our ongoing Marketing Velocity On the Air series is on June 25, covering Customer Focused Nurture Campaigns. It starts at 7 a.m. PT, see full details about that and all of our upcoming and archived webcasts here.
- For interested and attending partners, here’s a preview of all Cisco Medianet sessions taking place at Cisco Live, June 23-27