Every Friday, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco partner news and stories of the week, as well as point you to important Cisco-related content you may have missed along the way. Let’s have it.
Off The Top
Cisco Marketing Velocity wrapped up late last week with a call-to-action from Sherri Liebo, vice president, global partner marketing. In Cannes, Sherri urged partners to consider WISDOM – “what I say and do differently on Monday” – as they use Velocity takeaways to plan, build and run their revenue marketing strategies. Sherri also stopped by the Channels blog to offer a sneak peek of what’s in store for Cisco global partner marketing in the coming months, including top priorities for growth.
If you missed out on the Marketing Velocity action, fear not – we’ll be providing details about replays and archived content over the next few weeks, and you can also check out our various recaps and the Cisco Marketing Velocity YouTube playlist.
Several analysts and members of the press were also in attendance in Cannes; CRN’s Kristin Bent recapped key messages and also posted some snazzy scenes from Marketing Velocity, and Forrester’s Peter O’Neill offered tidbits and takeaways on his blog.
Storage Networking Needs
If you’re a close follower of Cisco’s storage networking efforts, this was an important week for you. Cisco introduced two new SAN switches to its MDS storage lineup, including the Cisco MDS 9710 Multi-layer Director and the Cisco MDS 9250i Multi-Service switch.
Shashi Kiran, Cisco senior director, market management for data center, cloud and open networking, talked up the benefits of each over on the Platform blog. There was also plenty of press chatter from the likes of Computerworld, Data Center Knowledge and eWeek among others.
Partner Summit Polls
Cisco Partner Summit 2013 is just weeks away, and throughout the month of May, watch this space for very important details on event sessions and key themes, as well as some of what Cisco’s top executives have in store, what partners like you hope to get out of the event this year, what’s coming for Virtual Partner Summit and what contests, and other fun stuff await.
In the meantime, if you’ve passed by our official Facebook page lately you know we’re just full of questions about your Partner Summit experiences. Head on over and take our poll – we’d love to know a little bit more about you!
Highlights from around Cisco this week:
- Blair Christie met with young women passionate about technology and who’ve been involved in Cisco’s Networking Academy program
- Philip Farah checks in on the future of payments and digital commerce
- Stuart Taylor wonders about the “mobile paradox”
- Scott Aukema examines the power of video for government, especially in the era of sequestration
- Ranjit Nayak recaps Cisco’s participation at this past week’s CA World conference
- John Earnhardt shares CEO John Chambers’ words of wisdom for new graduates
Keep An Eye Out
- Have you checked out the Cisco Partner Event calendar lately? Well, have you?
- Content from Cisco’s recent Social Media for Savvy Marketers event is now available on-demand. Check it out!