Every Friday, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco partner news and stories of the week, as well as point you to important Cisco-related content you may have missed along the way. Let’s have it.
Off The Top
If you’re at all involved or interested in Cisco’s partner marketing efforts, this was your week. Cisco’s seventh Marketing Velocity conference kicked off in Cannes, France, and built momentum over three exciting days of main stage presentations, breakout sessions and networking, as well as a great party or two.
Among the highlights, we’ve recapped the winners of our inaugural Cisco Best Integrated Marketing Campaign Awards, and talked with Cisco Senior Vice President Karen Walker about the shift going on from lead and demand generation to true revenue marketing.
What did partners think of the event? We’ll have lots of wrap-up content to come in the next week, but for now make sure you check out partner perspectives from the first two days of the show below. As a reminder, you can see all of the day-to-day action via our @partnervelocity Twitter handle, too.
Data Center Dynamics
Scalability Experts, based in Coppell, Texas, is one Cisco solution provider leveraging ecosystem partnerships to win big, multifaceted opportunities with customers. We talked a bit with Scalability Experts’ management team to hear about how the company is combining Cisco Unified Data Center architecture with Microsoft Fast Track solutions.
Speaking of Cisco in the data center, CRN recently interviewed John Growdon, senior director, data center sales, worldwide channels, and a number of Cisco partners to talk about how, four years in, UCS has been a game-changer in the market.
Highlights from around Cisco this week:
- William Oei spotlights Cisco’s new home in Singapore
- Craig Williams looks at a massive spam and malware campaign following the Boston Marathon tragedy
- Cisco Fellow Mark Townsley offers a better way to deploy IPv6
- Check out the latest installment of Cisco #EngineersUnplugged
- Kim Austin discusses how to increase employee engagement
- Leszek Izdebski examines the future of the global media industry
- John Genther revisits the evolution of business process
Partner Perspectives from Cisco Marketing Velocity 2013