Cisco Partner Weekly Rewind – April 18, 2014
Each week, we’ll highlight the most important Cisco partner news and stories, as well as point you to important, Cisco-related partner content you may have missed along the way. Here’s what you might have missed this week:
Off the Top
Bob Gault had a great blog this week on “When and How to Use Cloud.” He took a look at private versus public cloud and how to make the decision between the two, along with when it makes more sense to run a combination of the two.
Make sure you consider all options before talking to your customers. Be sure to check out Bob’s blog and let him know what you think of his conclusions.
Not to toot my own horn, but I had a pretty interesting blog this week as well. I had the chance to talk to Manjula Talreja a few weeks back. We discussed how cloud providers succeed in multiple markets. She had some great insights and pointed me to a white paper Cisco wrote in conjunction with Dimension Data on business models for cloud providers.
There really is some great information about cloud provider success in the latest Partner Voices blog. Check it out and let me know what you think!
UCS PowerShell Scripting Contest
The Cisco UCS Power Tool Scripting Contest is underway and is open to partners. For information about the contest, read the blog by Bill Shields or head over to the contest site on the Cisco Communities. Be sure to let your customers know as well, since they can participate!
- Jeevan Patil talks about the wireless network at John Muir Health
- CP Morey examines the case for advanced malware protection
- Joseph Bradley takes a look at connected healthcare
- Harry Petty explains how ACI enables a world class services IT organization
Keep An Eye Out
- May 15 – Security Launch for Partners: Webcast to learn about the latest Cisco Security innovations
- Swing by the Cisco Partner Event calendar for the latest information on Cisco partner gatherings