A Better Cisco Software Experience For Partners
Partners, the Cisco software simplification team has heard you loud and clear on software licensing. You want a better Cisco software experience, from how you request a quote to how you activate and manage your software.
Well, you’ll be happy to know that on March 18 Cisco took a major step to simplify and unify this experience. New for Cisco partners is Cisco Software Central, a site that provides one-stop access for:
- Quoting, ordering and delivery of software and licensing documents
- Registering software products and obtaining license files
- Downloading minor upgrades and patches
- Ordering major version upgrades
The ultimate goal was to make this site easy to use, and to present you with relevant content and links to applications such as Cisco Commerce Workspace, eDelivery, License Registration and Product Upgrade Tool, based on your entitlement and access rights.
I asked Martin Coombes, the business lead on the project team that developed the site, for an example of the simplified process. Martin is a Capabilities Product Manager for the SmartWeb Technology Group in Cisco Services, focused on software distribution. He had this to say:
“In the past, you had to use and remember a different URL for every software ordering and management tool you needed, and you might not have been aware of the latest tool enhancement because you had to keep track of so many destinations. Now, with Cisco Software Central, you only need one URL that gets you to all of the latest tools in the same place.”
Here’s what Software Central looks like:
The Order and Delivery Tools section gets you to all of the tools you need to:
- Create and view system configurations
- Create, view and share Deals and Quotes
- Create Orders and view Orders and Invoices
- Check your Order Status
It also links you to information and tools for software eDelivery.
The License section gets you quickly to the tools you need to:
- View and manage all of your product licenses
- Easily register and download new product licenses
- Get and resend existing licenses
- Transfer licenses between devices
- Request demonstration and evaluation licenses
The Upgrades and Updates section makes it easy to:
- Get application upgrades
- Download the latest software patches and releases
Cisco Partner Central is the foundation for Cisco’s move towards a much simpler software experience overall. The site is engineered to be flexible and new content will be added based on the feedback the software team receives from you.
Let us know how we can make it even better.Tags: