As Cisco heads to Telstra’s CONNECT2012 in Melbourne, Australia today to meet with hundreds of business leaders, CIOs and technology decision makers, we’re excited to highlight how our long-term, strategic alliance has hit two milestones with significant wins with Australia Post and the Department of Human Services.
When Telstra announced how its cloud will deliver the mail for Australia Post (see press release here), it highlighted how it will provide a managed IP network, unified communication solutions platform and locally based, highly secure cloud services for its IT network transformation project. Together Telstra and Cisco are delivering:
- Cisco IP telephony to help Australia Post’s employees connect with other colleagues and business information, with the capacity to expand on the Cisco Unified Communications solution, to connect for increased productivity and effective collaborative experiences.
- As a testament to the announcement earlier this year of Telstra achieving Cisco cloud certification, Telstra Cloud Services will be hosted on Cisco Unified Computing System and Cisco Nexus Series Switches.
- Australia Post’s Retail Network of over 2,700 branch offices will enjoy the same access to business critical applications and services as its corporate counterparts with Cisco Aggregation Services Router (ASR) at the core edge and Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR) in the WAN delivering integrated Wi-Fi and network security services.
Telstra and the Department of Human Services also announced an historic agreement worth $474 million over five years plus transition whereby Telstra will build and manage a new unified communications network (see press release here). As part of the Telstra-Cisco alliance this includes:
- A Cisco intelligent network foundation that helps the Department achieve its service delivery reform program by connecting its people, information, and services highly securely, reliably, and seamlessly across all of Australia, including even the more remote areas of the country.
- A new collaboration workspace that supports more efficient and effective cross-agency communication with real-time video conferencing with Cisco TelePresence and Cisco IP Telephony.
Australia Post and the Department of Human Services provide critical services to the Australian public. Together Telstra and Cisco have demonstrated the power of the Alliance in delivering highly available solutions in support of mission-critical services and applications whilst supporting innovation. Only Telstra and Cisco have the capability, knowledge and pedigree to connect people, information and services on such a large scale.