For those of you heading to Amsterdam this week for IBC, we – Cisco and NDS – will be doing our first trade show together. Cisco’s stand is located in The Connected World at 14.115, Hall 14, and the NDS stand is at A71, Hall 1. We hope you can come by and see us. We have plenty of speakers representing Cisco on panels throughout the conference, so please stop in at one of the sessions we list in our release.
Our mission and passion as Cisco’s Service Provider Video Technology Group, now including NDS, is to reinvent the TV experience, together. By integrating the teams and technologies of NDS and Cisco, we can help media companies and service providers innovate faster and farther, by differentiating video services, and driving new revenue streams.
A big focus for us this week is on our next-generation Videoscape components, designed to blend the power of the network, cloud and client so that service providers can move with alacrity into multiscreen viewing — while skillfully navigating the larger transition to all-IP networks.
What we’ll be showing:
- The newest components in our Videoscape Distribution Suite (VDS), including advanced CDN capabilities, and support for federated CDNs. More on VDS here.
- New advanced set-tops and gateways, designed for hybrid QAM/IP and all-IP distribution
- Electronic program guides and advanced user interfaces designed for multiscreen environments
- New middleware
- New content protection technologies and techniques
- Cloud-based video control software for satellite, cable and IP video distribution
- Our modular “CCAP” (Cable Converged Access Platform) technology, important for IP bandwidth and capacity.
Put it all together, and you’ll see that our approach is to help our customers deliver compelling experiences on all devices, establish a market-leading portfolio of cloud + network + client equipment/software, and to lead in hybrid and IP-based technologies in every geographic region . Stop by and visit. I hope we’ll have a chance to meet.