Blog post by Joe Pinto, Senior Vice President of Technical Services at Cisco
Customers have come to expect the same kinds of deep, intimate and on-demand relationships and technologies that they experience every day in their personal lives. These growing customer expectations and demands have been catalysts for Cisco and our partners to find new ways to marry technology innovation with a new, more proactive services model.
Since the early 1990s, Cisco has been setting the standard in delivering an unmatched services experience. This is founded on the intelligence and information that comes with more than 50 million installed devices, and more than six million customer interactions every year happening through our various support channels – phone, mobile applications, machine-to-machine interactions, self-service environments, web-based communities, and social networks. Our partners and customers take advantage of the support touch point that works best for them. For example:
- More than 250,000 issues solved online every month (over 80% of all customer technical support issues are solved online);
- Over 2.8 million Technical Services web visitors each month;
- 700,000 Cisco Support Community monthly visitors; and,
- Nearly 100,000 social media “fans” and “followers” on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
We call these interactions “Smart Interactions” and it’s this rich intellectual capital, coupled with the global technical expertise of Cisco and our partners, that serves as the engine of our differentiated smart services – software-based capabilities that automate the collection of customer network data, analyze and correlate that data with our intellectual capital and provide actionable insight to our customers to proactively address network health.
The network is key and Cisco customers realize that maintaining network health and performance is critical. As the number of devices connected to networks continues to grow, networks become more complex, and business functions become more reliant on devices and applications that run over their networks. We’re committed to solving these challenges – and others have noticed. Over the last few months, Cisco has received several industry certifications and awards, exemplifying that Cisco’s depth of industry knowledge and networking expertise provide an unmatched foundation for smart services.
- The most notable recent certification Cisco has received is the J.D. Powers & Associates Certified Technology and Service Support for 2011, a distinction that recognizes Cisco for delivering “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience” to customers globally. This achievement is the fifth for Cisco since 2006, and truly demonstrates the company’s unrivaled success in delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- On May 4, Cisco was named the winner of the Spring 2011 Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) STAR Awards for Best Online Support and Service Delivery Optimization. Both award entries showcased Cisco’s Technical Services ability to solve customers’ toughest problems faster while improving operational efficiency and reducing costs. We were also recognized as a member of the TSIA Hall of Fame for achieving a total of 15 STAR awards since the program’s inception—one of only two companies holding that distinction.
- Next, the Association of Support Professionals (ASP) announced Cisco as a winner of its fourteenth annual “Ten Best Web Support Sites” competition, a prestigious award that showcases excellence in online service and support. This is the eighth ASP award for Cisco online support. In addition, Cisco’s winning entry will be profiled in the book, “The Ten Best Web Support Sites of 2011,” to be published by ASP in July 2011.
- Finally, the Learning@Cisco team within Services was the recipient of a 2011 American Business Award (also known as “The Stevies”) in the New Product or Service of the Year – Services category for the Smart+Connected Communities Institute. The Stevie Awards were created to honor and generate public recognition of the achievements and positive contributions of organizations and business people worldwide.
But we’re not resting on our laurels. Rather, Cisco remains focused on service quality and an unwavering commitment to our customers and partners. We see smart services continuing to help customers:
- Proactively prevent problems and extract more value from their existing infrastructure, enabling them to meet business pressures to increase operational efficiency and enhance customer satisfaction; and,
- More effectively adopt new technologies and drive innovation that can give them a competitive advantage.
At the core of Cisco’s culture is a commitment to provide customers and partners with best-in-class services and support, ensuring their success.