Pymble Ladies’ College is one of Australia’s premier private schools for girls from kindergarten to year 12 located on Sydney’s upper North Shore. Last weekend, the College once again demonstrated how it’s a vanguard for change with the opening of the new Senior School Centre – Kate Mason Building for year 11-12 students.
The Centre captures a new spirit of learning with innovative technology from Cisco that will engage students in an even more authentic way than they are accustomed to using. Specifically video and collaboration technology will enable students to reach out, interact, reflect on and respond to the world around them.
The College has partnered with Cisco to showcase this 21st century learning environment and as the doors open this week for the first time, students will access a whole range of new technology-enabled learning content and tools that will help them develop the skills that support life-long learning..
With its partners iVision and Somerville Group, here’s a snapshot of why this centre is a showcase of Australian innovation in the world:
- Cisco Show and Share Teachers will build a highly secure library of learning content and create communities where students can share ideas and expertise.
- Cisco TelePresence has been implemented in the lecture theatre and the “Conference in the Round” of the Senior School Centre to connect students to educators and other students around Australia and sister schools around world.
- Cisco Unified Communications on Cisco Unified Computing System provides the College with the communication tools and resources for advanced voice services with telephony, paging, voicemail, applications for broadcast messaging and parental notification and more. IT achieves lowered cost of ownership, increased agility and investment protection as these communication operations are virtualized on a next-generation integrated data centre system.
- Cisco Digital Media Signage allows the College to easily and more effectively engage students with a variety of educational materials, ensure teachers and staff are up-to-date with necessary training, and deliver effective communications instantly in a way that scales, and promotes a safe environment with the ability to incorporate instant alerts into their emergency plans.
- Cisco Wired and Wireless Network provides highly secure, flexible and high performance access to schools resources and applications to help enhance the quality of learning.
- In the future, Cisco Cius and Cisco Quad will be rolled out at the College.
Check out the FlipVideo for highlights from the official opening of the Senior Centre at Pymble Ladies’ College and view the media release here.