Cisco Blogs

Commentary on Cisco Eos

- January 7, 2009 - 1 Comment

Forrester’s Jeremiah Owyang has a good, fair assessment on Cisco Eos at his web site Web Strategy by Jeremiah.He’s got a good point:

as our research has indicated that community deployments are only 20% technology and the other 80% being process, roles, culture, measurement, and change management

Engineers hate to hear you say it, but changing human behavior is usually the harder part of the tech solution. That’s one reason CMSG has been working with several media companies over the last two years to understand their unique challenges, work flows, and opportunities to engage their audience. Doesn’t mean we got everything right with Eos, but we did design a robust administrative environment that media companies can use to consolidate and simplify the management of their broad portfolio of sites.This is a first step in a longer journey.

Leave a comment

We'd love to hear from you! To earn points and badges for participating in the conversation, join Cisco Social Rewards. Your comment(s) will appear instantly on the live site. Spam, promotional and derogatory comments will be removed.

In an effort to keep conversations fresh, Cisco Blogs closes comments after 60 days. Please visit the Cisco Blogs hub page for the latest content.


  1. With all due respect to Jeremiah, and his expertise in this field, the comparison with Pluck and KickApps stikes me as odd.Pluck's primary forte is working with traditional newspaper companies, and KickApps so far hasn't targeted music and video entertainment companies.Regardless, if there's one lesson to be learned from the apparent success of, the opportunities in the emerging Entertainment related Social Media space are significant.The fragmented market now includes many non-traditional players -- some where Cisco already has a longstanding relationship, such as AT&T