Today I had the honor of speaking on behalf of Cisco at Rockwell Automation Fair’s Food & Beverage Industry Forum.
Along with me on the panel were several other Thought Leaders in the Food & Beverage Industry:
- Scott Kluegel from Malt-O-Meal
- Tom Lindley from Nalco Corportation
- Craig Torrance from PepsiCo
We had a great set of presentations ranging on topics from Safety and Productivity, Water Optimization and Implementing a Global Safety Program.
Here is a photo of our forum and me speaking with Steve DiMarco, President of Tolomatic:
I spoke about the Business Value of Industrial Intelligence for the Food and Beverage Industries.
Industrial Intelligence refers to the trend of increasingly productive and plant or field operations through increased connectivity and distributed management of real world processes and systems.
The key characteristics of Industrial Intelligence are:
• Interconnectivity of all machines, actuators, drives, sensors, controllers, etc.
• Operational processes that are intelligent, resilient, available, secure and responsive
• Operating assets that are integrated and self-aware of their state
• Knowledgeable, well-trained, empowered people are able to improve operational performance safely
• Systems and people that are continuously innovating, planning, designing, building, operating, maintaining, supporting and managing the processes and outputs.
So by eliminating traditional borders that exist today among these various devices, Cisco Industrial Intelligence products and solutions converge automation and business systems onto a common, standard network platform, allowing organizations to:
• Reduce cost of deployment and operation through common, standard network architectures
• Remotely access systems and collaborate with partners and remote employees to reduce downtime
• Reduce excess inventory with better production performance, demand and supply information
• Have real-time visibility and access to information to improve equipment performance and better match supply responsiveness with demand volatility
To learn more about Industrial Intelligence in the Manufacturing Industry, please visit our website.
Happy after a successful presentation!
So a big ‘Thank You’ to Rockwell Automation for inviting me to speak on their panel. I trust everyone enjoyed the presentations and lively discussions.
Tomorrow is another exciting day at Automation Fair! Stay tuned for more blogs, photos and videos!