It’s a Modem, It’s a router – It’s a Linksys Wireless Gateway!
Cisco’s Home Networking business is launching a new Wireless-N home router today that is actually pretty unique and can be very helpful to a lot of people looking to go wireless. The new Linksys X2000 a Wireless-N ADSL 2+ Modem Router that works with either DSL or cable broadband connections.
The Linksys X2000 enables consumers to access the internet and enjoy reliable wireless access on all their wireless devices around the home such as laptops, tablets, smart phones, game consoles and Internet ready televisions. The X2000 is the ideal solution for consumers to go wireless with their fixed broadband connection and for those who want to upgrade to wireless-N. The new hybrid solution provides the flexibility to connect to cable or DSL broadband connections when moving to a new home or switching service providers.
The Linksys X2000 gateway is shipped with Cisco Connect software, enabling users to set up their wireless home networks in just a few easy steps on a PC or Mac. Consumers also have the advantage of being able to customize and control their wireless settings to match their individual preferences.
Once set up, users can use Cisco Connect to:
- Add additional devices to the network simply
- Set parental controls simply
- Provide visitors Internet access on a separate guest network simply
- Measure the broadband connection speed with the Broadband Speed Meter
- Check for automatic firmware and software updates
Other features of the X2000 include
- ADSL 2+ Modem included. Users no longer need to use an older DSL modem or gateway that their service provider gave them. Use the leading brand name in the industry – Linksys!
- Works with a Cable Modem as a Wireless router
- 2.4Ghz Wireless-N Router
- Speeds up to 300 Mpbs*
- Includes auto channel selector for finding the best channel for your best performance
- Has three Ethernet Ports for connecting multiple devices into the router directly – which is ideal for devices in the same room as the router
- Wireless Protection Setup (WPS) button for simple set up of other WPS enabled devices
- Cisco Security with all the latest security standards: WPA2™/WPA™ Personal and Enterprise, 128 and 64 bits WEP, MAC Address Filtering, SPI Firewall
- Wall Mountable
- Sleek design
For $99, you can get it today at the Linksys Store: click here
*The maximum performance for wireless is derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends on many factors, conditions and variables, including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, operating system used, mix of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions.Tags: