While children should honor and respect their mothers every day, most countries set aside one day out of the year to officially celebrate moms. This year, in the U.S., Mother’s Day falls on Sunday, May 8. We hope that you live near your mom, but if you don’t, Cisco ūmi can help you stay connected and now through May 21st, when you buy one ūmi, get one FREE!
Here are five ways to honor your mother via ūmi this Sunday:
- The courtesy of a call – Sometimes, all it takes to say “I love and care about you” is a phone call. With ūmi, you can do even better. We’re giving you the capability of video conferencing with your mom on the HDTV in your living room! Place a call out to her and show her that you care!
- Take her out to dinner – Even if you can’t be there in person to take your mom out to dinner, you can host a dinner via ūmi. Share the same recipe and wine selection, and enjoy a pleasant dinner while catching up on what’s new in your lives.
- It’s a generational thing – If you have children, invite them to sit down and chat with your mom. She’s a grandmother, too, and would love to see their smiling faces.
- These are a few of her favorite things – Think of a few things that your mom was most proud of when you were a child. Was it playing an instrument? Solving a difficult math equation? Performing in the school play? Show her that you’ve still got it with ūmi!
- Get to know her a little bit more – Moms aren’t just moms; they’re wives, friends, aunts, cousins, teachers, lawyers, doctors, and the list goes on. Use ūmi to learn something new about your mom. She may surprise you!
No matter what you do this Mother’s Day, take the time to thank your mom. She’ll appreciate it!