Today from CiscoLive in Melbourne Australia, Cisco announced Video Surveillance for UCS.
The word from down under is “hyper-scalable” with support for tens of thousands of cameras with increases of up to 1,000 percent with the modular UCS platform versus dedicated server solutions.
Cisco Video Surveillance helps public sector organizations transform the way they protect people, property and critical infrastructure
- Urban security, city surveillance, national security, critical infrastructure, and large public events
- Disaster recovery and first responder
- Safe and secure colleges and universities
Cisco Video Surveillance on Unified Computing System also delivers:
- Rapid provisioning from 8 weeks to 15 minutes
- Reduced infrastructure costs, faster disaster recovery and deployment, reduced staffing needs and cooling costs
- Improved performance, scalability, agility and manageability
Read this whitepaper to see more examples for how video apps can also help government agencies stretch budgets and reduce costs.
If you didn’t get a chance to visit Australia, perhaps next year. Here’s some nice photos from the CiscoLive show floor.