When major disasters and emergencies occur, response organizations and government public safety agencies require immediate communications support to save lives, establish relief operations and provide ongoing assistance in affected communities.
IP-based secure communications provides flexible capabilities for mobile emergency responders including Cisco TacOps.
The Cisco Tactical Operations (TacOps) team deploys mobile communications technologies to help support emergencies in collaboration with first responders, government agencies, relief organizations, and others who require mission-critical connectivity to respond effectively. Cisco Networked Emergency Response Vehicles (NERVs) provide mobile capabilities including:
- Satellite-based connectivity to access the Internet and other remote networks
- Wired and wireless network Infrastructure for highly secure virtual private network and wireless mesh access
- Voice over IP to enable voice communications over wired and wireless Cisco Unified IP Phones
- Network-based video for situational awareness and video surveillance
- High-definition TelePresence video conferencing
- Radio and voice interoperability with Cisco IPICS to enable radio interoperability across radio channels and extend to other IP-based mobile devices