The September 30 IPv6 deadline is quickly approaching and a number of government organizations are struggling to make the transition. According to a survey conducted by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), 99 percent of all federal websites aren’t supporting the next-gen Interned Protocol on their DNS, email and Web services.
We at Cisco understand the urgency and difficulty of this change, therefore have partnered with the Digital Government Institute to host a free one-hour webinar on August 30 (2 p.m. ET) that will give attendees the tools, as well as outline five steps, to help your agency move quickly toward compliance as the clock ticks down.
Attendees of the “5 Steps to Meet the September 30 IPv6 Deadline” webcast will learn:
- How to get your agency on the road to compliance
- Where to find agency help in the federal government
- How to get the best services from the GSA schedules
- About the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) IPv6 standards and how IPv6 has been integrated into a long list of USGv6 certified products
- How five federal agencies, including the Department of Veterans Affairs, have already made the transition
- Dale Geesey, Chief Operating Officer, Auspex Technologies (CISSP)
- Steve Pirzchalski, Director Enterprise Network Services, Department Veterans Affairs
- David Prall, Consulting Systems Engineer, Cisco
For more information on the transition to IPv6, visit http://www.cisco.com/web/strategy/us_government/ipv6.html.