Another very interesting day at IACA 2012 at the Peace Palace at the Hague, Netherlands with workshops on social media, innovative communications technologies in the courts.
Mr. Norman Meyer, Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New
Mexico moderated a workshop panel focused on innovative uses in court systems of social media with
- Honorable Rune Lium, Judge, Sør-Trøndelag District Court, Norway
- Honorable Ian L. Gray, Chief Magistrate, State of Victoria, Australia
- Dr. Pamela Schulz, Lecturer, Graduate Communications Programs, University of South Australia, and Chair, Defence Reserves Support Council, South Australia
The Honorable Dory Reiling, Judge, First Instance Court, Amsterdam, The Netherlands shared her thoughts from the workshop deploying innovating automation and communications technologies to address court administration and management.
- Moderator: Mr. Tony Lansdell, Court Technology Specialist, Melbourne, Australia
- Honorable Dory Reiling, Judge, First Instance Court, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Honorable Muhammet Polat, Judge, Ministry of Justice Department of İnformation Technologies, Ankara, Turkey
- Mr. Abdulrahim Ahmad Almudhareb, Director of IT Department, Dubai Courts, Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mr. Mark Beer, IACA Regional Vice-President, Middle East, Dubai, UAE
Gerhard Fischer, Cisco Connected Justice (EMEAR) shared his thoughts about the conference and the IACA community.
Overall, the IACA 2012 keynotes and panel workshops have been very impressive with a range of challenging topics.
- Building and Sustaining Global Confidence in International Justice Tribunals
- Building and Maintaining a Framework for Court Services in a Global Economic Malaise
- International Framework for Court Excellence
- Ensuring the Security and Protection of High-Profile Witnesses
- Deploying Innovative Automation and Communications Technologies to Address Court Administration and Management
- The Judicial Council Role in Preserving and Promoting Judicial System Institutional Independence and Self-Government
- Innovative Uses in Court Systems of Social Media
- Research Program Proposal on Courts and Conflict Resolution
- Maintaining Functional Court Systems and the Rule of Law in States Disrupted by Civil Conflict
- Transnational Judicial Cooperation in Europe: Trends and Developments in Building Mutual Trust
- From Management to Leadership-Innovations in Court System Management and Administration
- Public Involvement in Court Hearings and Trials
- Challenge of Developing a Sustainable Records Management Program in an Era of Paper and Multiple Electronic Formats
You can also learn more about Cisco Connected Justice and please join our 21st Century Government community.