Cisco offers cloud and data center solutions for DISA’s Customer & Industry Forum
DISA’s Customer & Industry Forum 2011 provides a valuable opportunity to see and hear how the latest technologies can help the Department of Defense better achieve its mission while introducing greater efficiencies at lower cost.
At the forum Cisco will demonstrate how its architecture-based collaboration, cybersecurity and cloud solutions enable the DISA vision of the “Power to Connect,” that is, command and control and information sharing via a reliable and protected infrastructure.
Here’s a preview of what you’ll see in the Cisco booth 830:
- Cisco’s integrated collaboration offerings – Integrated collaboration gives the warfighters increased efficiency, agility, communication and mobility by providing anywhere collaboration from PC, tablet or phone. We’ll be displaying our Virtualized Desktop, servers, telepresence and video solutions to give a first-hand look at how we can help the Department of Defense to achieve its goals.
- Unlocking the power of video – everywhere – Experience the power of pervasive video with Cisco TelePresence solutions for virtual face-to-face meetings, enhancements to Cisco Show and Share for cascading video throughout the enterprise—the Cisco Cius tablet for mobility, and video for voice endpoints.
- Cisco security solutions – Cisco cybersecurity addresses today’s dynamic, blended and complex threats with architectures that enhance trust, visibility and resiliency.
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) – The concept behind UCS is straightforward and simple: unite computer, network, hypervisor, and storage access virtualization through an integrated open systems approach: a pre-integrated, pre-built, and pre-tested system that you simply deploy in your data center. UCS closes the door on costly systems integration and high TCO and opens the door to a new way to building and running your data center – at lower cost and lower risk, with increased speed and agility – enabling you to dramatically increase your ability to respond to the needs of your internal IT customers to benefit your business.
- The Cisco Containerized Data Center (CCDC) – CDCC solutions provide a fast, flexible way to expand, complement, or even replace traditional fixed, “brick-and-mortar” data centers. The modular approach Cisco has developed adds capacity as needed, and is manageable and cost-effective. It reduces capital expenditures (CapEx) and provides a potential 30 percent savings in operating expenses (OpEx).
Also, Cisco CEO John Chambers will be delivering a keynote address, talking about transformational technologies and their impact on business and military processes.
As for the future, all the investment of today will be preserved as the future architecture such as desktop virtualization, thin client applications, cyber security and cloud computing become standards of the future.Tags: