VMWorld 2011 comes to an end and four days of meetings, keynotes and exhibits and parties are behind us. It was certainly an eye-opening experience and also a reafirmation that virtualization and Cloud are having a positive impact in the industry and our customers.
We were lucky to talk to many customers at the Cisco booth and demonstrate our latest technologies, including the UCS, our orchestration and automation products, VDI, etc.
It’s hard to summarize the whole show, but some of the higlights of the show include:
- VDI Deployments with more than 100,000 clients are a reality
- VCE’s FastPath Desktop Virtualization Platform simplifies VDI deployments
- Great interest in VXLANs (Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network)
- Several new versions of VMware products, including VMWare View 5.0
- The BlackCloud solution from Lockheed Martin
- Improvements to network protocols to make virtualization more efficient
- More than 12,000 labs served from the cloud, with more than 130,000 VMs created/destroyed
- Orchestration and automation tools are very critical to cloud deployments
There’s a lot of excitement in the industry and the commitment to Cloud is stronger than ever. As Paul Maritz mentioned in his keynote, the infrastructure is more critical than ever to provide a proper Cloud.
I look forward to VMword 2012 in San Francisco.