Cisco Catalyst 2960-X is our greenest Catalyst access switch ever. If all similar switches shipped in 2012 were as energy efficient as Catalyst 2960-X, you would save enough energy to power every household in San Francisco for more than 3 years. Here’s how:
- At power up, Catalyst 2960-X consumes lower power than other comparable switches.
- Cisco EnergyWise monitors and controls the power consumption of PoE and PoE+ devices connected to the switch. You can turn off IP phones and wireless access points automatically after business hours.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet provides power savings when there is no traffic on switch ports. This saves about 15 watts for a 48 port-switch and 8 watts for a 24 port-switch.
- Downlink Hibernation Mode shuts down the downlink interface to save half watt per port when the connected devices are not in use, for example, after the office hours.
- Switch Hibernation Mode puts the switch to sleep mode during off hours and weekends. In this mode, the switch consumes as low as 6 watts, compared to 47 watts in active mode.
Collectively, these green features can reduce power consumption by up to 80%.
You have already seen how energy savings from Catalyst 2960-X can power all households of San Francisco for 3+ years. See infographic below for other fun ways to use these energy savings.
For more information, please visit www.cisco.com/go/2960x