If you are attending Interop Las Vegas this week, come visit the Cisco Medianet booth (1127-C2) to learn how you can scale and deploy video with Medianet to reduce complexity and costs. Webex introduces the new medianet-enabled client to enhance cloud collaboration experience. This new “smart” client includes embedded intelligence, works in conjunction with the “smart” network for improved network visibility, quality assurance & quick problem isolation. We will be showing a demo of this new exciting solution. We will also show Cisco Prime Collaboration Manager and the new Cisco ISR-G2 ad hoc conferencing solution.
For those looking for a real video deployment scenario, we have a session on how to make your network ready for video without straining resources. The session will take place on May 10 at 2:15 pm, location Mandalay Bay L.
Read More »
Tags: Cisco Borderless Networks, Interop Las Vegas, medianet
I’m excited to be attending Interop Las Vegas this week. This year marks the 25th Anniversary of Interop and we are celebrating by hosting our major launch event in Las Vegas. Rebecca Jacoby and Brett Galloway will be unveiling new Borderless Networks innovations during the Cisco keynote on Tuesday, May 10 at 9:30am Pacific Time. During this keynote, you will learn about breakthrough innovations in Borderless Networks that will help you deliver centralized policy, unified wired and wireless management, and a better quality video and voice experience to your workforce and customers.
If you can’t attend Interop in person, we will be broadcasting this event online on May 10 at 9:30am Pacific Time. Please register here to view the live keynote. You will also receive access to a special series of TechWiseTV episodes that will air on May 12.
Now, I’d like to share some of the other unique activities that I think you will enjoy.
Hear from Cisco experts at the following Interop Las Vegas activities:
- Conference sessions: Our marketing and technical experts will speak in panel sessions ranging on topics such as breakthrough LAN technologies, WLAN, video and virtualization. Please check the latest schedule at this website.
- Cisco Educational Sessions: We are sponsoring three sessions on IPv6, video and preparing your network for mobile devices and other tablets. These sessions are open to everyone, and attendees will receive a free Cisco Press Book.
- InteropNet: Cisco is sponsoring InteropNet and will further demonstrate IPv6 leadership across the entire network. Customers will be able to take daily, engineer-led tours of InteropNet.
- Customer Appreciation Reception: Join us for an opportunity to relax and socialize with Cisco executives and your industry peers, while enjoying drinks, food, and fun on Wednesday, May 11 from 5 to 7pm at the Border Grill, Mandalay Bay. Customers – please register here.
Participate in a number of fun Booth Activities and win a prize!
- Cisco 3D Borderless Challenge – Test your networking IQ for your chance to be one of eight who will to win a Linksys® E4200 Maximum Performance Dual-Band N Router. The Cisco 3D Borderless Challenge is a competition that tests your knowledge of Cisco Borderless Networks innovations, especially in video and security solutions. The Cisco 3D Borderless Challenge features IT “superhero” Ike Willis and will take place at the theater in the Cisco booth 1127 on May 10 and May 11.
- Cisco Interop Las Vegas Mobile Game - Attendees can check into various Borderless Networks activities using their smartphones, such as conference sessions and booth demonstrations, to win points. Read the rules and guidelines here.
- Borderless Networks Demonstrations – We will showcase the latest innovations in eleven BN pods including: Borderless Mobility, EnergyWise, IPv6, Medianet, Security, WAN optimization for cloud based solutions, Cisco Prime and Borderless Branch Office. For more information about the demos, please see detailed descriptions on the following website.
Hope to see you at the show!
Tags: Borderless Networks, Interop Las Vegas, medianet
I’m here in Las Vegas helping to construct InteropNet – the network that runs Interop 2011. Cisco is a primary infrastructure vendor for Interop this year. An interesting story just happened that I thought I would tell you about.
Imagine this. You’ve been planning for months to participate in Interop. You’ve helped design and build the network. Now it comes time for your chance to show off your work, and –disaster! – something comes up that won’t let you attend. Your teammates can help, but –darn it – you would just love to be there.
This was the case for Rob Sherwood, a researcher associated with Stanford University. His team is running the InteropNet Demo Labs in Las Vegas. But a last minute medical emergency meant Rob could not be here in person.
Enter Cisco. We were here in Las Vegas already, and we had a number of Cisco Telepresence EX90 units connected to the network. We had some units at the Network Help Desk, and the Sales suites, but we were looking for additional use-cases to demonstrate the solution. This opportunity was too good to pass up – a great use case, and a chance to help out our fellow InteropNet teammates.
We hooked Rob up with the Cisco Movi client, and placed one of the EX90s on a desk in the demo area. The network is running Cisco Medianet so video is already optimized. Turned it on – little fiddling on Rob’s home network, and Rob popped up on the screen.
Now Rob is there as a resource for his team, and can (virtually) answer questions on technology during the show. What does Cisco mean when we say “Borderless”? There is your answer.
Rob Sherwood at InteropNet Demo Lab (Virtually)
On April 14th, 2011, ActionPacked! Networks successfully completed the interoperability testing with Medianet 2.2 for its product LiveAction 2.2 (press announcement) through the medianet systems management Cisco Developer Network (CDN) program.
LiveAction 2.2 support for medianet has been covered in our previous blogs: performance monitor as well as IPSLA Video Operations. However; with the the CDN program, the LiveAction 2.2 software has formally worked through an intensive test review against a purpose built medianet-enabled network.
Performance monitor collects performance statistics including loss, delay and jitter at the network elements. This approach provides the most extensive visibility because all the flows between video source and sink must go through the network infrastructure. It also eliminates the need for expensive probes, which could lead to increased costs for data collection and operational expense.
Read More »
Tags: ActionPacked, business video, enterprise networks, IPSLA VO, LiveAction, media monitoring, medianet, performance monitor, rich media applications, video
In a previous blog, we discussed medianet performance monitor and how it can provide greater confidence within the network with its ability to analyze voice, video and data traffic and report on loss, latency and jitter.
Plixer International delivers a complementary solution that supports the medianet performance monitor feature through the medianet Cisco Developer Network (CDN) program. CDN for medianet systems management offers application programming interfaces (APIs) and documentation to enable network and application management vendors to support enterprise medianet features that offer customers a range of management and operation solutions.
On March 29, Plixer’s Scrutinizer NetFlow Analyzer version 8.5 successfully completed interoperability testing with Medianet 2.2 (press announcement). Scrutinizer provides detailed reports including the medianet performance monitoring statistics (round trip time, jitter, packet loss, bit/byte and packets, MAC Addresses, IP Addresses, VLANs, Domains, application recognition) to help you monitor and troubleshoot video, voice and data applications. These reports can help the network operator perform fault isolation of network issues affecting rich media applications, as well as track historical performance of various parts of the network.
Tags: business video, enterprise networks, media monitoring, medianet, performance monitor, Plixer, rich media applications, video