Cisco’s support of the Russian Government’s modernization agenda got a big step forward this month. We recently announced the official opening of the Cisco Experience Center at the Skolkovo HyperCube – part of an overall effort to further develop an innovation ecosystem in Russia. This marks an important milestone in Cisco’s multi-year investment in sustainable innovation within the Russian Federation, which was announced three years ago by Cisco Chairman and CEO John Chambers.
The Center will showcase leading Cisco technologies and become the main site for Cisco’s innovation programs in the Russian Federation. As part of this program, Cisco plans to launch a number of initiatives to support technological entrepreneurship – including training workshops, mentoring and other measures to provide start-ups with direct access to business experts and other members of the global innovation ecosystem. The Experience Center is also expected to become a platform for technological partnerships between Cisco and Russian entrepreneurs, who are encouraged to both test and enhance their products with Cisco solutions. On the education front, the Center will help to develop technological education in Russia and resources will become available to graduate and postgraduate students of Russian education and research institutions.
The Cisco Experience Center is divided into six technological zones:
- Collaboration Solutions – displays a unified solution for voice and video communications based on the latest versions of call management servers, TelePresence systems, messaging tools and voice mail.
- Video Surveillance and Physical Access Control – home to a new version of our enterprise-grade video surveillance solution, which supports unprecedented scalability, as well as reliability of video storage and access
- Data Centers – a showcase of appliances that will serve as a platform for demonstrating all other solutions represented in the CEC.
- Wireless Networks – includes Cisco’s innovative solutions for widely available enterprise-level wireless local area networks.
- Products Manufactured in Russia – a display of products produced by a global manufacturing contractor located in the city of Tver.
- Smart+Connected Communities (S+CC) – highlights how Cisco implements this concept in various countries including Russia, with solutions in such areas as healthcare, education, transport, physical security and utilities.
Developments in Russia and around the globe continue to highlight the impact of technology on the development of cities. Innovation hubs serve as key components in building out a network of shareholders to collaborate on alleviating day-to-day pain points. It’s exciting to see how far Russia has come and the landscape of possibilities ahead of us.
Watch this short video to get a feel for the Cisco Experience Center at Skolkovo (in Russian with English subtitles):