Virtual desktops are not new to education. Virtual workspaces are. What’s the difference?
The Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) delivers virtual workspaces that go beyond traditional classroom desktops to unify virtual desktops, voice, and video. Through VXI, every computer and mobile device can now be a learning resource. Education IT leaders now have the ability to deliver next generation education workspaces, without compromising the user or educational experience, as is common in traditional VDI deployments.
Cisco is partnering with T.H.E Journal, Citrix and NetApp to host a live Twitter Chat on K-12 Next-Gen Learning Environments on May 17, 2012, at Noon, U.S. Pacific Time. We’ll discuss the findings of a recent survey on incorporating next-generation computing devices and mobile learning in K-12 education.
Use the hashtag #NextGenLearn to join the conversation!
We hope you will join us, participate in the discussion and express your views on the survey’s findings. Some of the topics to be covered:
- Learning environments: Where do most educators believe K-12 learning will take place in the next 3 to 5 years? Brick and mortar classrooms, 100% online, or hybrid environments?
- What are the benefits and challenges—for students and faculty—of these various learning environments?
- Will K-12 education ever go completely virtual? What are the most important applications and technologies needed to successfully establish a hybrid or 100% virtual classroom?
- Top new computing devices: Where do smart phones, tablets, and ultrabooks/netbooks rank when incorporating devices into the future of K-12 education?
- The top three barriers most educators anticipate in achieving education technology goals
- Plans and action items to overcome these barriers
Next generation education workspaces makes it possible to deliver uncompromised education experiences to every student, teacher and staff member on the device of their choice. We’re looking forward to the discussion on May 17th. To learn more about the Cisco VXI, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/web/strategy/education/schls_vDesk_Infrastructure.html.