Video is rapidly becoming the preferred method of communicating and collaborating over the network. This trend is having a profound impact in education with innovative teachers and professors integrating video with forward-looking pedagogies to increase student engagement, accommodate different learning styles, and improve student outcomes.
Cisco commissioned Wainhouse Research to review current research and document the benefits of video in improving learning and the quality of the educational experience. Studies surveying educators found that:
- 68 percent believe that video content stimulates discussions
- 66 percent believe video increases student motivation
- 42 percent believe video directly increases student achievement
- 55 percent believe it helps educators be more creative
- 62 percent believe video helps educators be more effective
These findings and more are summarized in a new infographic, “Preparing Today’s Students for Tomorrow’s Challenges: The Impact of Video in the Education.” Download the infographic today for additional drivers, barriers and best practices for integrating video technologies into the classroom.