“Ow mommy, my leg huuuuuuuuuuurts,” complained my 4 year old. After a quick examination and check-in with the doctor (read: I opened a book written by Dr. Sears and consider that a check- in with “the doctor”), I determined the problem was simply growing pains.
Growing pains don’t apply only to small children and adolescents. They apply to small companies and large enterprises alike. And like the growing pains you experienced when you were 4, 12, and 18 years old, they can cause physical (in the form of operational costs) and emotional (in the form of stress) pain for your business.
For my 4 year old the solution to growing pains is a kiss, hug, and maybe some chocolate ice cream. Most businesses (all businesses? There is always an exception) need more than a band-aid; businesses want a long-term solution to business challenges with measurable results. One of the most common “growing pains” for businesses is controlling operating expenditures.
Recent research shows that up to 75 percent of enterprise IT costs are operating expenditures (Gartner ITKMD, January 2011). Let’s explore how Cisco has significantly grown its infrastructure while reducing operating costs.
Here are some highlights of what we’ve achieved:
- Virtualization strategy lowered TCO by over 30%; when turned into a cloud environment, TCO dropped another 30%
- Freed up the equivalent of a full-time employee for 1.5 weeks
- Reduced IT service delivery times from weeks down to less than an hour
- Achieved six-fold decrease in support hours spent each quarter
- Decreased the number of critical issues related to the network by 30%
- Provisioning time reduced from 8 weeks to 15 minutes for infrastructure services
How did we achieve these results? By deploying a private cloud solution built on a secure data center, enabling Cisco to deliver IT-as-a-Service. Every single capability and service --application, data, communication, infrastructure — is delivered as a service to the business
How can you learn more?