by Aaron Delp, Senior Manager in the Solutions and Enablement organization at VCE
VMworld is THE event of the year and this year appears to be no exception. I want to highlight some of the things we’ll be talking about with our partners and customers during VMworld 2011.
VCE will have staff ready to discuss our newly announced solutions in addition to our best in breed Vblock platforms. VCE continues to grow and gain traction across all market segments.
As best put by Jay Cuthrell recently in a summary of his first 300 days, we really are riding a rocket ship right now!
When is VCE speaking and what are we talking about?
– Monday 8/29 @ 11am
- Moving to Agile Application Development with VMware vFabric on Vblock™ Infrastructure Platforms
- Speaker: Kunjal Trivedi, Senior Marketing Director
– Tuesday 8/30 @ 4pm
- Transforming the Data Center With Vblock™ Infrastructure Platforms: Built to Reach Your Cloud Faster
- Speaker: Todd Pavone, Executive Vice President – Solutions and Marketing
– Wednesday 8/31 @ 10am
- Deploy Virtualized Desktops 4 Times Faster on the Vblock™ Infrastructure Platforms
- Speaker: Rob Markovic, Virtualization Practice Lead
– Wednesday 8/31 @ 4pm
- 10 Best Free Tools for VMware vSphere Management in 2011
- Speaker: Kendrick Coleman, Senior vArchitect
Where can you find VCE and what will our experts be highlighting?
This year VCE will be near EMC in Booth 1121 as shown by Chad Sakac (click this link for a full map). I’m very excited to be part of the VCE presence this year. Please stop by, say hello & have your picture taken with our amazing Vblock Platforms!
We have some very exciting presentations and solutions lined up to help you reach your cloud faster:
- AlwaysOn Desktop (more on that below)
- Accelerating View Deployments
- vSphere 5 Integration
- vCloud Director
- CA: Enabling Services Over Vblock
- Nimsoft: Comprehensive Monitoring
- GRC Security & Compliance
- VCE Services
- Trusted Multi-Tenancy
- VCE Customers and Partners presentations!
VCE experts will be present to discuss our latest solutions & products too!
- VCE and VMware’s new AlwaysOn desktop solution: The solution involves Imprivata’s Single Sign On (OneSign®), Cisco’s load balancer (ACE), and VMware View – all running on the Vblock™ Infrastructure Platform
- vSphere 5 on Vblock: Combining vSphere 5 and Vblock platforms allows you to run modern applications on a Vblock platform, resulting in known and deterministic characteristics.
- eGRC: Archer eGRC provides a consolidated and powerful framework to manage the security and compliance of the Vblock Platform. With over 130 virtualization specific controls mapped to industry regulations, providers operating a Vblock Platform can successfully monitor and manage their multi-tenant environment against different business requirements and regulatory mandates to satisfy the security and compliance concerns of their customers
- Application Life Cycle Platform (ALP): ALP combines the Spring Framework for a complete set of Application Platform Services required to run and manage applications and Vblock Infrastructure Platforms for hosting and scaling
What about FUN at VMworld??
The old phrase of “Work Hard, Play Hard!” is alive and well at VCE. First off, we have the vOdgeball event to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. Chad Sakac of EMC has a great summary of the event over on his site here. VCE’s own Trey Layton will be fielding a team of “experts”. Dodgeball for IT folks, what could possibly go wrong??!! Here’s a video from last year’s event:
On Tuesday at 5:30 please join VCE vArchitects and members of the Solutions organization at the Double Helix Wine and Whiskey Bar. Sign up here for more information. Please join us for a great technology discussion and some “down time”.
That will cover it for this year. As you can see, there’s something for everyone this year and we hope you’ll join us on the VCE Rocket Ship!
Aaron leads a team to develop and optimize VCE Solutions on the Vblock platform. Aaron has over 15 years of experience in the Technology industry and currently specializes in converged infrastructures and private cloud architectures.Before joining VCE, Aaron was a Data Center Practice Lead for a leading Cisco reseller, ePlus Technology and was also employed by IBM for 10 years supporting customers, business partners, and distributors.Aaron is currently a VMware vExpert and VCP in addition to a number of storage industry certifications. He holds a B.S. degree in Computer Science from Clemson University.
You can follow Aaron Delp on Twitter @aarondelp and read more blogs from Aaron here blog.aarondelp.com