As I prepare for an exciting week @ Cisco Live, I quickly found that I wanted to be at three places at the same time, so I decided to put together a navigation aid for the Cisco UCS related sessions. We expect almost 15000 delegates to attend and hope the navigator helps you if you will be among them. If you are new to UCS and would like to see why more than 13000 customers are using the Cisco UCS check out the Solutions Keynote: Data Center and Cloud Solutions by Dr. David Yen Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Data Center Group (Wed Jun 13 at 12:30 PM). For a high-level overview go through this presentation my colleague Thomas Cloyd put together, and we presented at EMC World last month.
Cisco Live is all about education; so don’t be surprised by the large number of UCS demos, seminar, technical breakouts, partner case studies and labs. The navigator below should help you prioritize the sessions to attend.
What is Cisco UCS?
If you want an introduction to UCS then the following sessions should be interesting
- BRKCOM-1005 UCS System Architecture Overview
- BRKCOM-1002 Data Center Architectures and Virtual Private Data Centers with UCS
- BRKCOM-1004 Automating UCS for Systems Administrators
- BRKPCS-4380 Managing and Monitoring Service Delivery on Cisco UCS
Why Cisco UCS?
If you are aware of the UCS and considering it for your organization, there are sessions for that.
- BRKPCS-4382 Optimizing UCS and Application Performance for High Availability Requirements, A Case Study Presentation Featuring A Leader in the Travel Industry
- BRKPCS-4989 Oracle VM and Cisco UCS driving efficiency and agility for the enterprise
- WoS4766 Solutions Theater: EMC Corporation: Implementing Flash Technologies and Cisco UCS in Mission-Critical Application Environments Solutions Theater
How do I use Cisco UCS?
If you are just getting started with Cisco UCS in your organization, there are sessions for that.
- TECCOM-2001 Cisco Unified Computing System Technical Day
- BRKCOM-2001 UCS Deep Dive Technical Breakout
- BRKCOM-2003 UCS Networking -- Deep Dive
- BRKCOM-2004 Traffic Monitoring and Engineering for UCS
Making the most of Cisco UCS.
If you are using UCS today and would like to make the most of your investment, we have sessions for that too.
- BRKCOM-2005 UCS Fabric and VM’s -- Extending FEX direct to VM’s in UCS
- BRKCOM-2006 UCS Administration & RBAC
- BRKCOM-2008 UCS Firmware Management Architecture
- BRKCOM-3001 Troubleshooting the Cisco UCS Compute Deployment
- PLTRCOM-4120 UCS Boot From SAN Best Practice Setup and Troubleshooting
- LTRUCC-2100 UC on UCS C-Series
Depending on your interest you can find out more about Cisco UCS. In addition to these sessions you will find a number of UCS demos in the booths at the World of Solutions. Hope to see you soon at Cisco Live in San Diego.