When some of the largest companies in the world get together and demand choice, it means that any vendor interested in delivering solutions had better be creating architectural flexibility. And not just architectural flexibility, but also creating and enabling an open ecosystem with market leaders across a broad range of capabilities.
At a time when some vendors are moving towards vertically integrated solutions, limiting customer choice, Cisco continues to be committed to open standards and open architectures within the Data Center. This model has enabled tremendous growth in the Internet, and with more systems being interconnected (Internet, Public/Private Cloud, Mobile) the need for interoperability has never been greater.
Cisco’s Data Center Business Advantage takes a multi-level approach to the open-ecosystem, across multiple technology domains (Management/Automation, Storage, Virtualization, Applications):
- We are fully committed to existing standards (10Gb Ethernet, FCoE, etc.) and driving emerging standards (TRILL, VN-Link, 40Gb and 100Gb Ethernet speeds, etc.).
- We are committed to extending Cisco innovation with our partners. An example of this is VN-Link technology, which adds VM-level visibility and policy to network administrators for multiple virtualization environments (VMware, RedHat).
- We’re committed to jointly testing and documenting our ecosystem solutions and architectures so that customers feel comfortable knowing that what they are deploying will work.
- We are committed to delivering solutions through innovative new business models and go-to-market approaches that give our customers choice in how they buy, how they deploy and how they support their Data Center services.
- And most importantly, we are committed to helping customers of all sizes to be successful in multi-vendor Data Center environments. We’re proud to share public case studies for the Data Center and Unified Computing / Application environments.
In our interconnected, global, socially networked world it has never been more important to drive innovation into business. Innovation comes in many forms -- technology, business models, partnering models. Doing IT better starts with a customer choice, and Cisco is committed to delivering innovation and choice to our customers through an open-ecosystem model that is woven into every element of the Data Center Business Advantage architecture.