Cisco is bringing Clouds to the Sunshine state, but we won’t let it rain on our parade.
Cisco is heading to the Sunshine state for the annual SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference, May 5–7, at the Orange County
Convention Center in Orlando, Florida and our bench is packed this year. We will showcase how Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) enables application data center managers to quickly meet ever-increasing business demands and take advantage of the world of many Clouds + Integrated Infrastructure and Internet of Things.
Don’t go through life without goals, so make it a goal while at Sapphire to stop by the Cisco booth 330 to ask our subject matter experts about industry leading, Cisco and SAP technologies in our three key areas:
- Unified Computing System – Why Cisco is #1 and a partner in ~50% of all integrated infrastructure solutions?
- Cloud First – Understand the benefits of Cisco and SAP’s cloud-first partner strategy? How important is Choice and Trust to your company?
- IoT & IoE – Learn the difference between IoT and IoE and how do we derive value from Things?
We’re bringing our first-class Cisco subject matter experts, partner and customer testimonials to Sapphire NOW, to share our experience and expertise in delivering these new innovative technologies.
Read More »
Tags: CiscoUCS, cloud, HANA, SAP
On the way to tradeshow week (May 4th), I decided to do a brief blog series on UCS Mini tied to these shows. I’ve covered Microsoft Ignite and SAPPHIRE NOW in the past two weeks.
Last up, EMC World in Las Vegas. Read More »
Tags: Cisco UCS, EMC VSPEX, EMC World, UCS
ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) has been selected in Top 3 finalists in the Best of Interop 2015 Data Center category. ITD Delivers:
- $2 Billion TAM disruptive technology: This technology innovation disrupts today’s $2 Billion TAM for load-balancers, redirection and clustering solutions
- 100x Scale improvement: The high-end load-balancers today can handle about 200Gbps traffic. ITD can load-balance 20Tbps traffic.
- 1000x cost-savings for customers: A 40Gbps L4 load-balancer costs about $200k to customers. ITD provides multi-Tbps load-balancing for a fraction of the price.
- Zero Latency: ITD performs load-balancing, redirection, NAT and access control, all in one-clock cycle in hardware, hence it introduces zero latency.
- 10x OPEX savings : Order of magnitude reduction in configuration, and ease of deployment
- Overall CAPEX savings : Wiring, Power, Rackspace and Cost savings
- 70+ customers interested in deploying within 1 month of shipping.
- 10x High availability : N + M redundancy, health-monitoring and automatic failure handling
- $15 Billion install-base can be leveraged: The technology has humongous market capture potential. It works on existing hardware. $15 Billion install-base of Nexus switches is able to use this technology.
- 30+ patentable ideas: ITD has unprecedented innovations.
Cisco ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) is a hardware based multi-Tbps Layer 4 load balancing, traffic steering and clustering solution on Nexus 9K/7K/6K/5K series of switches. It supports IP-stickiness, resiliency, NAT, (EFT), VIP, health monitoring, sophisticated failure handling policies, N+M redundancy, IPv4, IPv6, VRF, weighted load-balancing, bi-directional flow-coherency, and IPSLA probes including DNS. There is no service module or external appliance needed.
ITD has a lot of different types of use-cases. Some of these are:
- Create a multi-Tbps Firewall
- Create a multi-Tbps Video-cache
- Firewall/IPS/IDS/WAF load-balancing.
- Web Server load-balancing
- Application server load-balancing
- Replace WCCP. Redirect and Load-balancing traffic to Web-cache, WAAS, WAE
- Traffic steering to VDS/video-cache/Professional Media Network devices
- Load-balance to Hadoop/Big-data cluster.
- load-balancing to mobile equipment
- Load-balancing to Layer 7 load-balancers
- Replace legacy features such as ECMP, port-channel, PBR, etc
Recording of the presentation
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video
Following up on my blog post announcing our intent to support VMware vSphere 6.0 environments with Cisco Nexus 1000V, I am happy to announce that we now have the supported release available for use.
Starting with release 5.2(1)SV3(1.4), Cisco Nexus 1000V for vSphere will support VMware vSphere 6.0 environments. Customers can download the release on Cisco.com portal for Nexus 1000V for vSphere.
Cisco Nexus 1000V for vSphere, Hyper-V and KVM environments is continuing to be sold and supported by Cisco. If you have an expiring VMware support contract for Nexus 1000V, please contact your Cisco account team about continuing product support through Cisco support organization.
Check out the video below for more in-depth discussion about Cisco Nexus 1000V support across multiple hypervisors and attend our webinar on April 21st 2015.
Tags: ACI, KVM, Microsoft Hyper-V, N1KV, Nexus1000V, VMware vSphere
Cisco and Microsoft’s relationship is growing stronger year over year. Our technologies, products, and integrated infrastructure solutions continue to provide an optimum Data Center for your Microsoft workloads.
Now, this isn’t my first time going to Tech Ed, ooops I mean Microsoft Ignite, however, it is a special year for me! I will be presenting “Top 10 Reasons to Migrate from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2012R2 with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)” on Monday May 4th 6:50pm during the welcome reception in Lounge A. If you are there, please come watch and meet the experts who will be joining me at the show.
Here is a sneak peak:
Need more 3 reasons to come see us?
- This year we have lots of great demos and theater presentations for you, such as Cisco UCS Mini, Cisco Cloud Services Router (CSR) 1000V, Cisco InterCloud Fabric (ICF).The latest and greatest demo is Application Centric Infrastructure , which will be highlighted in a presentation, “Microsoft Cloud Meets Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)” on Tuesday 1:30pm.
Read More »
Tags: #CiscoACI, ACI, Cisco, CiscoUCS, Microsoft, MSIgnite, WS2003, WS2012R2