Smart devices give us access to information and services at the speed of need. But they have conditioned us to expect anything and everything faster — and that includes IT services. This expectation for speed coupled with modern technology is driving IT innovation. Yet, in most organizations, delivery of consistent infrastructure to application or business teams is just not fast enough. Cisco ONE Enterprise Cloud Suite contains infrastructure automation that changes that by letting you deliver IT services within minutes.
A component of the Cisco ONE Enterprise Cloud Suite, Cisco UCS Director was introduced over two years ago and has proven to deliver consistent infrastructure instances across Cisco and multi-vendor compute, network, storage and virtualization components within minutes. Customers frequently comment on the following outcomes:
- Efficiency: operational efficiencies that are a result of consistent infrastructure delivery virtually eliminating rework or expensive troubleshooting delays experienced from human configuration errors
- Staffing: ability to delegate junior IT staff to infrastructure duties, which frees up experienced staff to focus on more strategic projects
- Innovation: IT’s ability to manage more infrastructure with the same staffing levels opens up opportunities for the business to allocate resources towards implementing new products and solutions
Read More »
Tags: Cisco ONE Software, Cloud Management, cloud orchestration, infrastructure automation, ucs director, VACS, VMware
One of the things I love about Cisco Live is seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Especially fun is meeting people I’ve known on Twitter! To help increase this fun, I’m announcing SelfieBINGO! Hopefully, this will strengthen our community (offline and on) and give people a great reason to make new friends.
Between now and June 3rd I’ll be collecting twitter handles, names, and hints on where people will be. Then I’ll print up a few bingo cards, and anyone who wants to can join in on the fun! Details below on how to be part of SelfieBINGO and then how to play!
Want to be on a Bingo Card? – Do This First:
3 options: Leave a comment on this blog, ping me on Twitter (@Lauren, #SelfieBingo), or fill out this sekret form with:
- Your Twitter handle
- Your real name (first & last)
- (Optionally) a hint on where you’ll be.
At Cisco Live:
Pick up a #SelfieBINGO card at the social meetup on Sunday, at the Community party Monday night, and in the Social Media hub or in the Data Center booth throughout the week. And yes, I’ll update this / tweet excessively with more details.
How to play: Read More »
Tags: #CLUS, BINGO, Cisco Hat, cisco live, data center, SelfieBINGO
When the Best of Interop 2015 award winners were announced at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, the ITD team members couldn’t control their emotions. This team is well known to work in a startup-mode — comes up with new ideas, builds a prototype, demonstrates it to the executives and SEs, goes into execution mode, and delivers a world class solution.
As the leader of this team, I was asked by several media representatives for an interview. Here is an interview by Information Week news desk (watch full-screen for HD):
ITD (Intelligent Traffic Director) is now shipping on Nexus 9k/7k/5k series of switches.
Here is an informative blog on ITD.
Tags: best of interop, Best of Interop 2015, Best of Interop Finalist, Big Data, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, Cisco Nexus 5600, Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 9000, Cisco Nexus Switches, cloud, Cloud Computing, data center, innovation, interop, ITD, load balancer, nexus, Nexus 7000, NFV, SDN, server load balancer, Service Provider, video
Companies’ expectations of IT keep increasing as the pace of business intensifies, creating greater demand for new services and faster access to resources and data. If you have been reading my blogs, you know that THE way for IT to keep pace with the speed of business is automation. But buyers beware.
IT automation solutions are difficult to create with multiple products that carry a la carte pricing models and licensing models tied to hardware. The hassles are obvious, and that model doesn’t help IT automate effectively. What is necessary is full functionality automation software that offers simplified pricing and licensing options as well as unified automation that delivers broad coverage for diverse environments. So Cisco offers exactly that. Watch this video to learn how.
Cisco ONE Software for Data Center makes it easy to automate at a pace comfortable to your business. The Cisco ONE Foundation Suite lets you master basic automation at the compute level. Read More »
Tags: automation, Cisco ONE Software, cloud automation, Enterprise Cloud Suite, IaaS, ITaaS, VMware
Hadoop is a Game Changer ! Cisco and MapR have partnered to offer a comprehensive portfolio for enterprise Hadoop deployments that combines Cisco UCS and the MapR Distribution for Apache Hadoop. With significant investments in architectural innovations, the joint solution offers a high-performance platform that can be optimized and scaled for any size to meet the demanding needs of our customers. Today, we are announcing the 3rd generation of our joint solution:
- Based on Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data – extending our vision of Integrated Infrastructure to help organizations deploy and scale applications faster to drive the revenue side of the business, while reducing risks and TCO
- Taking full advantage of the high performance compute, internal storage and active-active network fabric with crucial investments in MapR improving performance and scalability while maintaining the Apache Hadoop API and application compatibility for broad applicability
- Large scale production deployments in a range of industries including finance, healthcare, media retail and government
- Foundation for an enterprise data hub with support for out-of-the-box multi-tenancy ensuring application level SLAs, guarantee isolation, enforce quotas, job placement control, security and delegation as well as providing a low cost of operations and simpler manageability with UCS Manager and the MapR control system
- Fully automated provisioning and deployment of a cluster with Cisco UCS Director Express for MapR with a single management pane across both physical infrastructure and Hadoop software, with advanced application-level monitoring
- Scalability to very larger clusters with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure, enabling multi-tenancy, policy-based flowlet switching, packet prioritization to deliver- throughput on demand, leading-edge load balancing across UCS domains.
Solution Brief: Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data with MapR
Cisco Validated Design: Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure for Big Data with MapR with Multi-Tenancy Extension
Cisco UCS Big Data Design Zone
Cisco UCS Solution Accelerator Paks for Big Data
Tags: Big Data, Hadoop, MapR, Multi-Tenancy