Microsoft TechEd 2011 Impressions
Microsoft TechEd 2011 was a great opportunity to talk to customers about Cisco UCS and Microsoft applications. We had so many attendees come by the booth and ask questions about UCS that we meet out target goal of customer engagments within the first two days. I was surprised how many people did not realize the depth of the platform or the integration points we provide from both an application and consolidation standpoint.
A major part of this depth is provided through software development and integration with UCS Manager. The Cisco Developer Network has great resources for automation, testing and integration.
There are three main categories covering
- Unified Computing Development Platform
- Unified Computing System Management
- Unified Computing Resources
Recently we have had some new additions to the site, including.
UCS Automation Tool (goUCS)
To help interested parties we had a great interactive demo station that got a lot of attention (even from other vendors), and three different stations focused on UCS automation, Cisco Validated Designs, and SQL Server 2008 R2 Fast Track Data Warehousing.
We even had a live demo of Opalis workflow deploying Hyper-V on UCS blades with complete automation. Attendees were very impressed with the amount of options we offer for Microsoft integration.
Using a great video from Brian Gracely, I created a quick summary of the key points he covered in a video most relevant to application/server owners. These same key points where highlighted to customers throughout the week at TechEd.
UCS value as easy as C-I-S-C-O
- Compatible – x86 platform, Intel chipset, windows, linux, SAP, Oracle, MS applications
- Integrated – Management, LAN, Storage, Rack and Blades Servers
- Simplified – Management simplification, single point of management for chassis or rack mount
- Cloud-Ready – Completely automated for efficiency, flexible and cloud ready through virtualization
- Open – Ethernet, Fibre channel, iSCSI, FCOE, NFS completely managed though open APIs, no lock-in
Overall we had great customer interaction and many questions around Cisco UCS, Hyper-V fast Track and Cisco UCS B250 M2 blade display server which won the “Best of Show” award. Look forward to seeing everyone next year!Tags: